Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i have a 94' G20 and the stereo that comes custom with the car isn't operating very well. Sometimes it won't play at all, usually when the car gets hot, b/c in the morning it works fine when its kinda cool outside. Alot of times i put a cd in and it just spits it back out, or it'll stay in but won't play anything. Yall have any ideas as to what i should do. I was thinking about getting those cd's you can put in the player that cleans em or somethin, that might work. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It may cost as much to repair it as it does to get a nice Alpine or Sony deck installed. My factory cd quit about a year ago. Radio shop gave me $200 estimate. I had new Alpine that will even play MP3s installed for $300, of course there are cheaper replacements out there. Works better, sounds better, looks better. I also tried to get a replacement from Infiniti but was told it wasn't available. I've seen a few stock am/fm cd decks from G20s on ebay from time to time but they might be broken too.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Gtwanky04 said:
Hey, i have a 94' G20 and the stereo that comes custom with the car isn't operating very well. Sometimes it won't play at all, usually when the car gets hot, b/c in the morning it works fine when its kinda cool outside. Alot of times i put a cd in and it just spits it back out, or it'll stay in but won't play anything. Yall have any ideas as to what i should do. I was thinking about getting those cd's you can put in the player that cleans em or somethin, that might work. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
i believe this is called "ur radio is on its last legs." try cleanen it though, couldnt hurt!! a lose wire is a possibility, not likly though. just think of it as starting to mod ur p10.

what part of houston do u live in. somewhere close and i could take a look at it for u.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
part of houston

I live in the spring part of houston, also pretty close to tomball and other places. Where in houston you live?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: part of houston

Gtwanky04 said:
I live in the spring part of houston, also pretty close to tomball and other places. Where in houston you live?
opposit side, i live in katy!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts