Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

My '95 G20 (automatic transmission) is doing something that is hasn't done before. The Check Engine Light is on and it isn't going into the overdrive any more. Actually, it will not shift into 2nd or 1st (in appropriate speeds) manually. However, it does allow me to move the shifter into 2nd or 1st but the transmission does not go into these gears. It seems that the overdrive is not longer working whether it is engaged or not. Quite strange!

I've had issues with the Dropping Resistor in the past but this particular problem is unlike the abrupt shifting from 1st to 2nd.

I hope somebody else has had this problem that you can help me out with. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! =)

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
the only thing i can tell u is that on the p11 there are tranny shifting issues when the battery is old/weak. is your battery old?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it seems like everything is back to normal. The shifting is fine and my overdrive is back. I'm able to shift through the shifter without any problems. The CEL is still on but the transmission problem seems to have disappeared. I'll see what happens when I drive it home later today. I hope it's nothing too crazy. :baffled:

BTW - The battery is only 3 years old so I don't think that's it. However, I'll double check the connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts