Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so after trying unsuccessfully to sell my 1992 G20 for any sort of money whatsoever, I've decided to keep it and swap in a JDM SR20DE to replace the engine that threw a rod. I've been reading up on the process, and I'm wondering if I'll get a check engine light for the missing EGR system. As far as I can tell I'll have to get the car inspected immediately after I register it, since my mom turned the old plates in when we were going to sell it, and in Maryland you can't pass with a CEL. Additionally I like to have the lights on the dash serve their actual functions -- that is, if the engine throws a legitimate code, I want the CEL to come on then instead of being on all the time. Anyone got any suggestions?

Also, does anyone in the Baltimore area want to help me with my swap in August? :D

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
i dont know that the CEL would matter for inspection on a 92 but i could be wrong since i dont live in Maryland. as for the EGR, i put a resistor in the EGR temp sensor (something like 68k ohm i think???) to turn my CEL off, but the light was not due to an engine swap. the light turned off with the resistor however and i even passed emissions without the EGR working properly

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm not worried about passing without EGR since the engine will have about 120k less than my old one, but if there are any lights on your dash whatsoever (including something like the ABS light) they willl fail you. I will keep the 68k ohm resistor in mind when i get everything back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts