Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.... after I changed the Revolution Sensor and clearing the codes and resetting the ECU, 10 miles later the problems never went away.... the shifting and studdering symptoms/problems etc. The car still threw code P0720...

Now when I start my car the O/D Off light on the dash is flashing about 10-15 times then turns off! :zoinks:

Anyone know what that means? That didn't happen before.....

A little help? :depressed

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK to all who read this try not to call me a [email protected]$$.

Here is an UPDATE: I did not in fact change the REVOLUTION sensor. I changed the Speed sensor. NOT THE SAME THING DUH! But because I was in a hurry to change something I over looked the terminology and changed/ordered the wrong thing when it was working fine and was not the problem part.

I went to the dealer and they told me the REVOLUTION sensor wasn't on the 2002 G20's. It was a problem for the 2000 - 2001's. My car is a 2002 right? Says it on the title and all, HOWEVER, when you open the door there is a white sticker with info on the post between the passenger and driver doors stating the car was made in July 2001. So that's why I bought the Speed sensor part # 32702-4E814 because the car was throwing code P0720. As you've read thus far the problems still haven't gone away.

This is because IF I had listen to some other posts I really needed part # 31935 -3AX0A REVOLUTION sensor which is $125. But thankfully the Speed sensor was only $35.00 and not more so I didn't lose out a whole lot of money, the REVOLUTION sensor is located near the driver side part of the tranny. I will post pics up of the repair just like I did the Speed sensor on another post.

ARRRRRGH!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry I haven't updated this, but believe it or not I JUST got around to doing the revolution sensor change this morning. And BUDDY I wish I did more research! I took pics during the process and this did help resolve my issue. I shift better and the car over all acts better.

I took the tire off to make this easier. I jacked up the G20 high up in the air for easier access.

The Revolution Sensor is located right behind the Driver side axle space is TIGHT. It is held on by a 10mm bolt.

Can you see it?
Warning!!!! READ THIS!!!
BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE SENSOR, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A RAG OR SHOP TOWEL TO PLUG THE SENSOR HOLE AS SOON AS YOU PULL IT OUT!!! OR YOU'LL TAKE A TRANSMISSION FLUID FACIAL BATH LIKE I DID!!!

Top side: take the air intake off and this is the view look from the engine bay. The Sensor connector is easy as pie to disconnect it is the BROWN connector, there is a plastic plug holding the connector down that you need to pop off with something before you can remove the sensor completely. When you follow the wire down to where it plugs into the tranny there is another 10mm bolt that kind of holds the wire in place. you don't have to take it all the way out just loosen it to take the old Sensor wire off and put the new one on.

New Revolution Sensor vs the old one.

Here is the Shop towel plugging the Sensor hole I was talking about.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so you have a 2002 G20 sport model rite? becuase mines is definitely a 2002 sport but the car was made in october 2001. Its not a 2001 g20 model.
2002 G20 Sport, says it on the title, registration, even on the Infiniti VIN info on their records.

BUT as the Inifiniti guys pointed out, the sticker on my door says July 2001.

I'm just relaying info that can help out members, some are assembled in 2001 that are labeled 2002's. :zoinks:

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Is this M/T only ? I get a p0720 code with a CVT.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is because IF I had listen to some other posts I really needed part # 31935 -3AX0A REVOLUTION sensor which is $125. But thankfully the Speed sensor was only $35.00 and not more so I didn't lose out a whole lot of money, the REVOLUTION sensor is located near the driver side part of the tranny. I will post pics up of the repair just like I did the Speed sensor on another post.
So this is the part number for the revolution sensor, which fixed your problem? I am getting code 0720 as well on my 02 Sport. I will check the date for my car later on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So this is the part number for the revolution sensor, which fixed your problem? I am getting code 0720 as well on my 02 Sport. I will check the date for my car later on.
part # 31935 -3AX0A REVOLUTION sensor, Yes, this is the correct part number. My P11 is lovings the new part and shifts smoothly since I have replaced it. :geek:

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
mine wasnt working either, ijust took the rpm motor out from the cluster and cut a hole and put a digital rpm tack in there, small 3 inch one, problem solved
Solved indeed, but it looks horrible..... :zoinks:

·
Registered
248 Posts
does a 99 have the same sensor? i have same symptoms. my car studders and shifts weird on take off to the corner of my street at the stop sign. Than after 20 sec it goes away.

Then recently while i take off and get to the stop sign on the corner of my street. While i brake i hear a clicking sound as if the ABS kicked on and the car feels like its going to stall. Sometimes it stalls or i just throw it into Neutral and keep it revving. After a mile of driving everything is fine. about 3 weeks ago the check engine light came on. The code i received were P0732 and P0325.

I was wondering maybe this sensor is causing all these issues.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does a 99 have the same sensor? i have same symptoms. my car studders and shifts weird on take off to the corner of my street at the stop sign. Than after 20 sec it goes away.

Then recently while i take off and get to the stop sign on the corner of my street. While i brake i hear a clicking sound as if the ABS kicked on and the car feels like its going to stall. Sometimes it stalls or i just throw it into Neutral and keep it revving. After a mile of driving everything is fine. about 3 weeks ago the check engine light came on. The code i received were P0732 and P0325.

I was wondering maybe this sensor is causing all these issues.
I don't think they r related... I would post a new thread with the all the info you provided. Maybe some members could chime in on ur dilemma. That's what I would do...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts