Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of PIAAs ($$$!!! :-\ ) but I've never changed bulbs on the G20 before. I have no manual or guide or anything like that cuz I bought the car used, and although I can probably figure it out for myself tomorrow morning, I'd like to get some tips or "how-to" before I screw it all up tomorrow. So anyone care to help me?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
It's actually pretty easy. I always pull the battery first (just cautious like that). Then there's a ring on the back of the bulb housing you have to turn to unlock, then once that's unlocked and off you just pull the harness part out, pull the bulb, replace bulb, then reverse the process. then go to the next side. I think that's everything... it's been a while since i had to replace one.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm that sounds pretty simple. Thanks Justin.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the guy at Tweeter who sold me the bulbs said that if I touch it, I should wipe it down w/ alcohol, or just wipe it all down just in case before I fire it up. I mean, these bulbs were FREAKING expensive, so I don't really plan on messing them up, if I can avoid it, that is.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just put in the bulbs. I have no scanner or digicam, so :-\ but maybe I'll get a scanner over the summer.... Anyways, it's only 1946hrs now so it's not dark enough to fully see what a difference it makes, so I'll wait until about an hour or two from now. They were hella easy to put in *thanks Justin* and they have a bluish tint to them. They were PIAA 9004 Extreme Whites. Pretty $$$ cuz Tweeter only really makes good deals on stereo equipment...not headlight bulbs. :-\ Oh well, they look good though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
so does the light have a bluish tint or just the bulb itself...i've heard that xtreme white piaa's are pure white. But a slight tint of blue would look good.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bulbs themselves have a blue cap on the end and if you look straight at the lights, they seem to have a bluish tint, but the light actually coming out is quite white, trust me. The side markers or corners *whatever* don't match now and look really dull alongside the PIAAs, so I'll get those bulbs to match too. That's pretty much it as far as cosmetic mods will be, save for Primera badging. :lol:

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Well just let me know what bulb you use to match your headlights, I have the Xtreme Piaa bulbs too, and the clearence light are not matching at all, but they look cool though, they are light blueish color and Xtreme White PIAA too. So let me know what bulb you use to match ur head lights....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To my understanding of it, the 45/65 is a range of values for the lights, and the stock ones (or the ones in my car at least) were 50 or 55 or something like that... I don't recall exactly. I dunno... but when we were looking in the PIAA catalog, the PIAAs I got were the ones that were stated to fit the P10. I'll trust it...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, but now the bulbs immediately left/right of the PIAAs look a lot duller huh? I'm gonna change those bulbs to match the brightness of the PIAAs if I can, but I still hafta look around for 'em. Did you replace those bulbs? Is that the Silvervisions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts