Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have new calipers, new pads and rotors, and the ebrake still wont hold the car in place. its fully adjusted, and i had someone watch out side the car and they said the rear tires lock up and then spin intermittantly. i think the cables are stretched from 14 years of use. how difficult are they to change? i couldnt find a write up or even an explanation just people asking the same thing. parts should be coming from everythinginfiniti.com. $120... but still better than the dealer quote of $250.

thanks for your help.
Zack

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I wsould say if it was you that replaced the rotors & Calipers you are fully capable of changing the hand brake cables ........... I would suppose you will have to remove the center consoul & then spend a lil time under the car ....... It ain't that hard ....... That much I do know for sure :)

:beard:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Having owned over 25 cars in the last 30 years, I have never had to replace or have ever seen any other car with "stretched" ebrake cables. I have seen and replaced many of them seized from rust, but they really do not stretch beyond the adjustment range.

I would make sure that the cables are still routed and attached under the car in the correct manner. If an attachment point has rusted away, the cable can move and you will not get the proper tension.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Under the handbrake lever, lift it slightly and use a deep 10mm socket.

I changed one rear cable recently after it snapped. A PITA removing all the heat sheilds to get to it, but at least the fixings for the cable weren't rusted up being hidden above them :)

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
jjacob said:
Having owned over 25 cars in the last 30 years, I
Can tell ya that I crash a lot :p

:beard:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts