Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My starter went out today. I was wondering if anyone has ever replaced one bfore. I tried looking for it, but couldn't find it. Can anyone help me? What is a reasonable price to pay for a starter? Thanks in advance.

CRTLMB

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
CRTLMB said:
My starter went out today. I was wondering if anyone has ever replaced one bfore. I tried looking for it, but couldn't find it. Can anyone help me? What is a reasonable price to pay for a starter? Thanks in advance.

CRTLMB
I don't know the price for one, but I know where it's located. It's not the easiest place to explain, but here goes. It's located underneath the intake pipe (TB-MAF) closer to the TB side down about 1/4 of the way down the motor? Once you get down in there you should see it. I think it might be easier to get at it from the top of the engine bay, i know when you drop the tranny you have to get at some of the starter bolts. (although it's usually someone else getting that stuff, so i can't direct you exactly to the bolts, sorry) I'm usually the one underneath the car getting that stuff taken care of :( Anyways, here's what the FSM has to say about it:
  1. Remove battery negative cable from battery.
  2. Remove intake air duct
  3. Remove starter motor mounting bolts.
  4. Remove battery cable from starter motor.
  5. Disconnect harness connector from starter motor harness.
  6. Remove starter motor from under vehicle.
    [/list=1]
    Installation procedure is basically the reverse order of removal (word for word out of the fsm :confused:).

·
Registered
62 Posts
the starter went on my G about 6 weeks ago. I took mine to the nearest garage frpm where i live but i think they screwed me over pretty bad. For the starter an installation they charged me $350. My dad has a Nissan Altima an his starter went recently too. He took it to the same place an charged him the same. I'm not totally sure but i think we both got hosed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I justed dropped off my g20 to a local starter place. He is charging me $133 that includes rebuilding my starter and installing it also. I think I got a good deal. Thanks again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
CRTLMB said:

CRTLMB
I just put a starter in my 92 G-20 about a month ago. I did it myself, not a big deal if you don't mind getting dirty. Just follow FSM like "JustinP10" said. I got quotes from $120 to $370 for just the starter from the different parts stores. I finally settled on a rebuilt one for $140 with lifetime warranty. Had to install twice because I got a bad starter to begin with. Have the store bench test it before you leave.

2G's

CRTLMB said:
Thanks for the info. I justed dropped off my g20 to a local starter place. He is charging me $133 that includes rebuilding my starter and installing it also. I think I got a good deal. Thanks again.
$133 is a great price for rebuild and install.

:beard:

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can take it out yourself you can take it to a local shop and get it rebuilt for cheap. Usually, you only have to change the brushes which is fairly simple. I just rebuilt mine a couple months ago. I think you can get a kit with new brushes that costs like $20. I was lucky enough to have a spare starter to use while I rebuilt mine. YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts