Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking or changing my stock Bose speakers for JL XR650-CS components up front and JL XR650-CX Coax in the back powered by a JL 300/4. My question is will the JL speakers sound cleaner that the stock speakers. They are very clean now, but I would always like cleaner. Before I go ahead and spend the cash I just wanted to know if anyone had these speakers or knew if they would be worth expense. I have already installed two JL 10W0’s with a JL 250/1 in the trunk. I am also thinking or keeping the stock deck as it has both tape/cd, since I haven’t found any real good double din decks. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I changed my speakers and headunit. It sounds so much better, cleaner bass and treble. If you go to aftermarket stuff I guarantee it will sound much better all around. I suggest you change your headunit at the same time. good luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea i admit that the stock bose system sounds clean.....but those JL's should sound a lot cleaner, especially with the 300/4 powering it, i had that amp, and its very clean...

btw, theirs nothing wrong with keeping the stock deck, thats the only thing stock i have left in my system...and it still sounds clean

p.s. don't be afraid to mix and match companies, sticking with one brand isn't always the best nor is it bad, its just that sometimes better can be had for the same amount of money. good luck.

p.s.s. click on the link below for some info on my system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Any ideas on a different/better choice of speakers, maybe even cheaper? I am looking for very clear sound just not $1000.00 a speaker clean. Also, I'm in Canada so everything is like 5 times the normal cost. Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the Boston Acoustics Pro. Series 6.4 and it sounds so clear that I have to adjust the settings on the built in x-over on -3db. It's sounds very well on instrumental music ;) I freakin' hear every instrument sounds from the music. Listening to it is a pleasure and excitement ;) I recommend it ;) but there are more options to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts