Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of these 2 FMIC setups? I'm thinkin of snaggin one of these 2 and modding it to fit my car... does it look like it would be a lot of work? what if i got a gti-r T28? lemme know what you think it would take to get this to fit the stock avenir motor and then the avenir motor with the gti-r t28... TIA

Setup 1

Setup 2

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump fellas, i need answers....

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump! i need info fellas..

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Err, with a t28, I dont think you'll need the huge gti-r fmic, the 2nd page would be your best bet, and you don't have to carve out your bumper supports.

The T28 runs 250-320ish hp if I can recall, you don't need a huge fmic for that kind of hp.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cavern said:
Err, with a t28, I dont think you'll need the huge gti-r fmic, the 2nd page would be your best bet, and you don't have to carve out your bumper supports.

The T28 runs 250-320ish hp if I can recall, you don't need a huge fmic for that kind of hp.
true, im leaning more towards the 2nd setup.. im mostly concerned about fitment issues...

·
Administrator
5,863 Posts
Looking at the first link and 2nd link sizes, if you could get something in between the two you'd be set for 300hp ish.

The 2nd link isnt bad, but 2-3 more rows would set you up right.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, my goal is a solid 275whp so the 2nd setup should do me just fine.... any more than that and i think i'll be breakin stuff all the time... i dont quite trust my car yet... i've only driven it about 250 miles while its boosted... i havent had any problems but i still like to keep it out of boost and just cruise...

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is true, but if it works out well im set, if not then it wasnt a big loss... i think its worth a try... if i do end up gettin it i will post a review of it so all the other turbo peeps will know whats up with it...

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
citystreetsbimmer said:
i bought the same set up and im in the process of installing it now. i had to cut so much out to fit the intercooler. ill show some pics when done.
did u get the 1st or 2nd setup?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^ yea i have a thread over there too, but they dont have P10's.... they have B13 and B14's... i was hoping to get some info from a P10 person...

·
Registered
593 Posts
both those kits are complete junk i just installed it today and it lasted 20 minutes! i just got back from towing my car home. the F%^&%*&%^ weld around the flange where it bolts to the turbo snapped right off. also the pipe is so flimsy and cheep and nothing fits correctly everything had to be modified that seller is getting negitive feedback for sure.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahhh damn, that sucks... did u get the 1st or 2nd kit? that comment kinda makes we want to find a used EVO or SRT-4 intercooler...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts