Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of days ago i was drving and the check enigne light came on. acoarding to the manual your suppose to change the spark plugs at 60,000miles. im at 59,920 is it likely that thats my problem? the car runs great. the engine revs nice and smooth.

should i take it to the nissan dealership or my own mechanic to look at it?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If everything's running fine then it may just be the O2 sensor. But it's still a good idea to do a full tune up at 60k miles to prevent any future problems.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My check Engine light went on 150,000 miles. I think that it went on because it reached that mileage? Yours is 60,000 right on the spot right? I panicked that time but when I searched around AF & SER..., it helped me a lot! I was able to get rid of the annoying light by resetting my ECU. You have to check and see the ECU led outputs for the diagnosis code, what's really the problem. My diagnosis came out positive(no problem with the engine, EGR valve, etc.) So, as soon as I reset the ECU unit..., voila! the light disappeard!!! but if you haven't replace your spark plug or did not have a good tune-up yet..., get one ;) Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts