Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I took some new pics of my newly installed JBL amps under my seats. There's also pics of my custom rear deck, Intrax Springs installed, my tints, and some decals. Check them out!!

http://members.aol.com/rmjjensen/profile/g20-08.02.02.htm

Enjoy! Tell me what you think....I think my car's looking hotter and hotter...just need a phatty wing

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
dont need a wing yet what u need are some rims and deff a clearing out job of the yellow sidemaker blinker and the front and rear blinkers. that yellow clashes real harsh on the red specialy the sidemarker/ sidemarker blinker. but other then that looks good drop looks huge on those stock rims

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a Boss Amp under the passenger seat. After 3 months, one day smoke was coming off the amp. I guess over heating is a problem for mounting under the seat, and yes, the amp has overheat protection. Also, adjustment is really hard to made( I was taking out the seat before) and the amp clearance is another problem. When you move the passenger seat back, does the bottom of the seat touch the amp?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Did you ever, before you got the 4 sub's, have 2 sub's in the back facing the trunk opening? Having the 4 subs facing one another, have you noticed less exterior rattle?

Your sound setup must rip - very nice setup.

I too think you need some wheels. The stock rims look good, but putting some 17's on there with that type of lowering job would look nice.

JBL is the way to go!

Didn't know you had a red G20 too :). Your interior is tan leather?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95_g20_P10 -> I'm looking into clearing out all of that because I know it clashes with the red...just RUINS it. The clear side markers are on their way from infinitipartsusa.com

napakapa -> There's more room under the driver seat because you can adjust the seat height with the knob. There's maybe about 1.5-2" of air space above the sub amp under the driver seat and maybe .5" for the passenger seat. The passenger seat is much tighter obviously. My USAcoustics amp under the passenger seat also blew up on me in about 2-3 months, but that was a bad amplifier: older model, being bridged, straining to power 4 subs.

atomic-G: My ORIGINAL setup was 2 JBL GT10s in a sealed facing the trunk opening. I don't think it really rattled that much because it wasn't as loud. I still have something underneath the car, maybe the exhaust, that rattles a metal tinny sound, other than that it's pretty solid. So maybe the subs facing on a slight angle to the rear helps for a mix of good sound and less rattle. Could be the R-13 housing insulation ;)

Rims are SOOOOOOO expensive - honestly, I don't how you guys can afford to set aside 1250-2000 for nice 17" rims and tires. I'm working on it I guess, but I'm going to the Carribean this month - there's my rim money.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yoo...good job so far.

I say get some 17s for that...clear it out...put some fog lights in there..then a spoiler

ohhhh white rims would look nice on your car.

·
Registered
411 Posts
if i were u i wouldnt keep thoses amps under the seat. amps have to have air goin cross then so that the heat can leave the amp. it is only a matter of time before u will blow thoses amps. if anything else a cooler amp means more power. i no b/c i did some testen on my old 2000 watt system at different heats.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might make some brackets and suspend fans from the bottom of the seats. That should do some good cooling. The JBL amps honestly don't get hot - and if I do go on a long trip I sacrifice my gas and horsepower by putting the A/C on the floor vents.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
rmjjensen said:
and if I do go on a long trip I sacrifice my gas and horsepower by putting the A/C on the floor vents.
Winters could be a prob' for you. The heater will blow hot air on the amps that already get hot. Just a thought.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh...dam. Guess I can't use the floor vents to keep my footsees warm.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're the stock chrome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts