Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Well, I finally got a digi-camera so I could take pics of my finished system install. I really wish I could've done this throughout the entire construction process but oh well. Go check them out and tell me what you think:

http://members.aol.com/rmjjensen/profile/cars.htm

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
This one either

U are the weakest link

Goodbye!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Wow, I have never seen that set up before. I think Im in shock a lil':nerd:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Im wondering...at what point do your ears start to bleed???

j/k nice set up man...too bad you cant fit the golf clubs in the trunk now...or a toaster for that matter...

·
Registered
138 Posts
i'm not sure i like the way the subs face each other...just a suggestion...if you can...try facing your subs to the rear...you'll gain more SQ and SPL doing this...i know thats probably something you can't do with what you have, you'll most likely have to rebuild the box but you wanted know what some of us thought, so this is my opinion...nice setup regardless :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nismoboy1 said:
i'm not sure i like the way the subs face each other...just a suggestion...if you can...try facing your subs to the rear...you'll gain more SQ and SPL doing this...i know thats probably something you can't do with what you have, you'll most likely have to rebuild the box but you wanted know what some of us thought, so this is my opinion...nice setup regardless :)
100% true. However, keep in mind that my amp rack in the center is temporary until I get a sub amp. Then I can make something custom that is made to the right size for the amps. It'll clean up the trunk and make me able to get at the spare tire. Or make me able to put some golf clubs or a nice toaster over back there. I might do what ???? did with mounting his amps on the roof of the car...but the headroom back there is bad enough. I think I might go with the kick plate of the passenger seat toward the firewall. I nice factory rugged amp rack with a plexi top and red neons in it would be cool there.

If I built a box that faced the rear i think it would've been impossible for me to get at my spare tire. Definitely would've sounded better but still...I can't complain about the sound I'm getting from them now.

Once that bomb mess of an amp rack goes it'll be tight.

·
Registered
138 Posts
actually, i think it's posible to have 4 rear firing subs and be able to take your spare out, sh*t even a full-size matching spare...just takes a little planning and measuring and talking to the right people who've been in the business of making custom enclosures and they dont think anything isn't possible. you know, the crazy-insane type of people lol believe it or not, try Tweeter i've seen some mad-crazy stuff done there, fiberglass and all...but in the end, all this still comes down to money lol good luck :asian:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
i dunno about you but it seems to me that the boxes are way too big for the subs. Anyone think this also?

·
Registered
429 Posts
LRBM

You could launch Ballastic Missles with that deck..Is it a removable face and if so does it come with its own Backpack?

Serious sound thou, looking nice....

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Koojo:

Yes I noticed that too. The box looks big because I gave up on the fiberglass. Originally they were smaller because fiberglassing would've given me more Volume Air Space. Basically all I did was use the stock carpeting's outline and go verticle with it. Then did some angle cuts in the back to get the most VAS. To make seperate chambers there's a piece of wood angled in there. Each sub gets about 0.7 cu ft. Just about enough.

G20 Sport 2002:

This might sound wierd but there isn't much vibration considering there's 4 tens back there. If you look carefully you can see some yello stuff behind the subwoofer boxes. That's R13 housing insulation and it worked wonders. I shoved it into every nook I could find. I also used some dynamat on the rear deck and those two end things behind the rear deck. But get some R13 - it's extremely cheap and works really well. Screw the expensive dynamat.

Icudie:

Yes that receiver is NASTY. (see the angle movement in the pic) No way does that face remove. Check it out:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=19&productId=2348

I can't wait to move the amps and port through the rear deck!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That whole middle space is now unoccupied so I have an extreme amount of room. I needed as much space as possible on my college move out day so I moved ALL the equipment (amps, xovers, distribution block, lightning cap) to under the seats and to the backside of one of the boxes. I left the middle black wooden piece in to hold the boxes in place. If I ever needed to get at one of the boxes: simply remove the middle insert, and slide each box out. If I need access to the spare simply remove the middle piece and pull the stock carpeting up. It really works lovely now.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I have a P11 as well. I went into a lot of planning on these boxes. First I tried fiberglass and that failed miserably. Then I just took the trunk mat out and outlined boxes on the two sides. I wanted them to somewhat face the rear of the car so I put the boxes on an angle. Then I just cut some slabs of wood and put it all together. I wish I took pics during the process but I didn't. The boxes are pretty solid though. I used 5/8" MDP, with each sub having about .66cu ft of air space (not that much but they're 10s), and each sub is sealed from one another. Man it thumps. I adjusted my settings just yesterday and now it hits like 12s....ohhhhh I love my setup for the price I paid (about 200 (subs) + 160 (amp) + 50 (box) = 410!)...can't complain.

Do you have pictures of your quad sub install?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow 4 12s....man my 10s make my ears hurt. I hope you do competitions with that. Although I'm seriously thinking of going with 4 12s or just get 4 Audiobahn FlameQ 10s (niceeeeeee). I can't wait to see some pics!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yo, whuts the wattage on those subs? Do u have more specs as to the system itself not how it looks. Cuz honestly, u could do better if u wouldve waited for more $$ to come your way. Either with your setup, or the system itself.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts