Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all Im the proud owner of a silver 99 G20t, for the first couple of months that I had my car ( which was like 4 months ago) I was parking it in the crazy city of NYC, so of course it got it shares of scratches, and chips both on the fender and the bumper. So now that im in a more suburban area and have a fixed parking spot I want to know what options I have to fix these. I purchased the chip and repair kit of Infiniti, and maybe i didn not apply as much paint as I should but it really didnt make a difference. What options do you have when your bumper/fender is scratched up- are things like this fixed when you get your car detailed or something, or does an entire new paint job on them is what most of you do? Im just pissed, cause i really thought the scratch kit wouldve done something for it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Any chip or scratch that you can feel with your fingernail is too deep to simply buff out and will generally require repainting. Touch-up paint works well for small chips, but if there's very many of them they become very easy to see.

If your car looks anything like mine (parked in downtown SF for 2 years) it'll have far too many chips and scratches to fix without a new paint job. My rear bumper looks like total crap because of people "playing bumpers". The license plate screws on the front of other cars have left all sorts of dings and chips on the rear bumper. And the front is chipped really bad from stones being thrown up by other cars.

I'm going to get the whole car repainted soon. I expect to spend at LEAST $1500 to get it done properly. Take your car to a few body shops for estimates but be prepared for sticker shock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you tried the colored wax? Made by Turtle Wax, I used it on my Green 93.5 it also has a colored crayon to fill the deep scratches. It works pretty well. Not as costly as a paint job.

2G's
:beard:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts