Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris has provided a lot of useful information and has come through with great parts when I couldn't find them anywhere else. I highly recommend doing business with Chris if you get the opportunity.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I read the previous two posts, and I feel inspired to say, I DO NOT highly recommend buying from . . . , especially if . . . admits to making mistake with my order, charges me and receives my payment, but is unwilling to immediately correct the error that they committed unless I first risk getting screwed by them once again by returning the mistaken item to them before they would be willing to send me the part that I actually ordered.

For example, If I sell a part to someone based on them having selected that specific part from among other ones that I showed them, instead of a similar item which they specifically said they did NOT want, and after having received payment electronically I send them the wrong part, the part they said they did NOT want, I believe I would be undeniably in the wrong if I questioned what they were so concerned about and required them to show me proof that they sent the item back, before I would be willing to send them WHAT THEY ACTUALLY ORDERED AND PAID FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE .

I would also definitely be in the wrong if I did not send them the correct part immediately, having admitted to making a mistake that lead to them not receiving what they were told they would receive.
If I required them to first return the wrong part, because I didn't want to risk them screwing me over, I would basically be saying "I screwed you once, and behold, you are now screwed because of my confusion/mistake and due to you having trusted me NOT to make a mistake in following through with my end of our deal. However, I don't understand what you are so concerned about, and I am comfortable with you being the one who remains screwed instead of me risking getting screwed. In either case, I do not trust you enough to send you the part that I originally agreed to send you, unless you first risk being screwed AGAIN by me."

Instead, what would be fair would be that I assume the risk of sending the correct item to that person before receiving the mistaken item from them in return, in the same way they sent payment to me without knowing if I was going to actually send them anything at all. It would also be fair that I pay the shipping cost of them returning the mistaken item to me, given that were no mistake made on my part, there would be no need for anyone to pay for a second shipping of anything.
It would then be MY turn to show them that they could trust me, not their turn to risk trusting me again and thereby risk getting screwed again by me.
I would not be justified by requiring that they agree to any compromise, whatsoever.
I would have been the person responsible for creating the situation, and it would be I who would be responsible for any expenses involved in correcting my mistake.
That would be fair, but as I have experienced, not all sellers are "great" or fair, all the time.
I certainly do not highly recommend buying anything from . . . a "great" seller, precisely because . . . , in fact, behaved this way with me.

Now then, why was I so inspired to write this, , in this thread? hmmmmm

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
To all who care to read this. I have taken photos of packaging up and have the other cam ready to go and promised to ship it out at my expense via UPS ground (the buyers preferred ship method as he doesn't like FedEx ground or USPS) BUT 1st the other cam must be returned to me in the same condition properly packaged up. Buyer does NOT get to keep 2 cams and I refuse to ship a 2nd cam until the other is returned and I verify it is indeed the same cam being returned. Anyone who cares to message me for more details is welcome to do so. I rarely visit this forum any more and have very few parts remaining when all said and done AND no longer own a G20 anyway.

And honestly, I recommend sellers NOT sell to cheezit as he is beyond high maintenance and after literally hours of free advise over many months before sale completion, I'm out of the 'free advise' business. Again if anyone wanted more extensive details, they are welcome to message me and I will get into the nitty gritty but I assume most don't want to read a novel here anyway.

·
Registered
503 Posts
BEHOLLLLLD!!, THE NITTY GRITTY: BUYERS, BEWARE OF THIS SELLER.
Beware of the above seller. She sent me a camshaft after I specifically told her I did NOT want it and told me I was "getting all concerned" when reminded her why I did not want it. Now, she refuses to send me my part if I do not first ship the wrong part back to her.

In one of her texts she said, "We are at a 'stand still' though because I am not about to get screwed over myself AGAIN."

I have never ripped her off, nor have I ever given her reason to suspect that I would. I HAVE ALREADY PAID HER, AND SHE HAS MY MONEY. It is HER RESPONSIBILITY to deliver on our agreement AND TO PAY TO CORRECT HER OWN MISTAKE before I assume any more risk by dealing with her.

I originally inquired with the her about a pair of cams (exhaust and intake) but decided not to buy them at that time, based on the apparent condition of exhaust cam. The seller showed me a second exhaust cam I might be interested instead, but pulled back when I asked about its age/condition. My reason for not pursuing any of these cams was the seller's reaction to my questions ( pitting, marks or scoring?) about the cams she was selling. She offered to sell, then pulled back when I asked questions. It was as if I wasn't allowed to ask questions about an item I was unable to physically see and touch.

In the photos the seller showed me, it was clear the exhaust cam in the original pair had a dark mark on one of its lobes, close to the nose. When I asked what the dark mark was and whether it was pitting or had a different texture than the rest of the cam lobe, the seller responded by saying I was overly concerned and that my asking questions about a used part was a sign of trouble. She told me that she was apprehensive to sell me the cams because she thought I was expecting the used cams to be in mint (new) condition. I told her I was aware the cams were used and that I was, in fact, interested in buying a set of used cams, provided they did not have pitting on any of the lobes.
The seller suggested I buy a set of cams directly from Nissan instead, all because I asked her about marking on an important area of the cam lobe. The seller showed me a second cam that I could buy from her that did NOT have the dark marking on the lobe and said if I wanted that cam instead, it would cost more. I asked the seller to tell me if their was any texture difference between the dark area and the rest of the lobe's surface. The seller then reacted as though I had asked something inappropriate and told me she was no longer interested in selling to me, so I searched elsewhere.

I bought a used cylinder head elsewhere and discovered that one its camshaft had pitting in the same area as the dark mark on the seller's camshaft, so it was not usable. I continued to search, but had no luck in locating a used set of cams. I sent the seller a message telling her about my misfortune with the cylinder head. She responded by making me an offer on the pair of cams and a set of rocker arms I had inquired about earlier. In this offer she included the camshaft she showed (in photo) me that did NOT have the dark mark I had asked about previously. This seller told me "Let me know."
I continued to search for a set of cams but did not have any luck, as most of the responses to my Wanted To Buy ads seemed suspicious, and I did not pursue any of their offers or their contacts' offers.

I resorted to contacting the original seller, who had made me an offer on the set of camshafts I had previously expressed interest in. She told me they were still available and that she would be able to sell them to me.

On the day I made payment, I asked the this seller to please confirm that the exhaust cam she was sending me was the exhaust cam that did NOT have the dark mark on it. The seller confirmed that she was sending the exhaust cam without the dark mark. She sent me what appeared to be a screenshot of the shipping label she was had made with my shipping information. This was not confirmation that the package had been shipped, but I went ahead and made payment in full, via paypal, for the amount the seller had quoted me, trusting that she would in fact send the package.
She told me she had sent it and "I have other things to do", yet when I checked for a tracking number, it had not been provided. I asked her the mail clerk had scanned in the package or if the package had been dropped off and would be scanned in later in the day. The seller said the clerk had in fact scanned in the package. After about two hours, I eventually, I received the confirmation e-mail.

Fast forward to yesterday. I opened my package and found that the seller had sent precisely the exhaust cam I told her I did NOT want, and the one she confirmed that she WOULD NOT BE sending in the package.
I trusted her at her word, that she would not send the cam I did not want, but she did.
When I notified her of her mistake, she said she had been confused.

As it turns out, she sent me the wrong cam because it was the younger of the two exhaust cams, ignoring that fact that the dark mark on the one exhaust cam was the reason I was not interested in having it. She assumed the age of the cam was the determing factor, not the dark mark. She attempted to convince me that the exhaust cam she sent was better than the one I told her I wanted, despite the dark mark being on it.

I paid this seller in good faith for the items I ordered, and for shipping, and trusted her to send me what I specified that I wanted. She confirmed she would sent me the correct part, but failed to do so. This was her mistake, not mine.
I took a risk that she would send the package, that she would send the correct items and that no mistake would be made. I made payment, yet did not receive what I requested. I trusted the seller, but she proved herself to be untrustworthy.

Beware of this seller.

It is not my responsibility to pay for the seller's mistake. It is the seller's responsibility to send me what I ordered.
She must now trust me to send her the mistaken item.
She has taken my money, and she has kept the part I ordered, sending me a different part, instead. I do not trust her enough to send her the mistaken part before seeing that she has sent me the correct part and risk receiving some other mistaken part in its place.

I have never ripped her off. I have never given her reason to suspect that I would. I HAVE PAID HER, AND SHE HAS MY MONEY. It is HER RESPONSIBILITY to deliver on our agreement AND TO PAY TO CORRECT HER OWN MISTAKE.

BUYERS, BEWARE OF THIS SELLER.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts