Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me make it clear:

civics are extremely reliable and quality commuter cars.....why does 90% of the population believe for some reason that they are fast "sportscars"?!!

you gotta love when you see this:

a civic dx...that's 105hp, "euro tail lights" a cheap exhaust and an ugly huge wing who's true principles will not be exercised at such LOW speeds....weak...and to top it off, they throw in a couple cheap subs from circuit city and drive their squirrel powered plastic box rattling thru town...AND THEY THINK THEY'RE COOL!!

fuck neons too....(fuck all american cars for that matter..)

Nissan runs shit

peace

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am feeling some serious anger here. Did somebody get dusted by one of those craker boxes? :hurt:

·
Registered
520 Posts
1995g20t said:
I am feeling some serious anger here. Did somebody get dusted by one of those craker boxes? :hurt:
Sh*t I did just last weekend. And for that matter, I will never try to race my slow G again. Until I get turbo or something.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's not the car that decides the race. Very often; it's the driver. :sleep: Yeah, Civics are overplayed. Yeah, Civics are commuter cars. Yeah, Civics are the mostly likely candidate for "rice" but you can't say there's never been anything like a fast Civic. :paranoid: believe it or not...

And Neon ACRs are pretty quick (around a track at least) I'd say. The new RT/10 or whatever has a turbo on it, right out of the factory; 215hp and a comparable amount of torque. That's not too bad, now is it?

Yeah, Nissan kills all that, but hey, when you need a nice, cheap commuter car to give your kid one day, why not hand 'em some Civic.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i didn't get dusted by a civic, that would never happen....and I'm not against honda....I'm against the surplus of losers that continue to display their civics in such a way that ruins their appearance and gives them a false reputation...no, not all american cars SUCK....I like some of the trucks...I just have a HUGE problem with LOW-QUALITY construction associated with all american vehicles...how many CHEVY's make it past 100,000 miles? IF THAT? My 1987 Honda Accord LX-i had 198,000 on it when I let it go...although there were a slew of problems with it, it still started, and it would still drive.

p.s. I'm not asian, I am white born and raised in the states....Japan just knows how to build automobiles...that's all there is to it.

peace

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess you have never had a Chevy then because I have had an S-10 with over 200k and no problems exept the altenator and my Dad has always driven Comaro's and put over 100k on each one with no problems what so ever. By the way my first car was a 76 Coupe D'ville and besides burning oil and sucking way to much gas it never had a problem either.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I respect your luck with Chevy's, I was just making a general statement, you have to agree with me on some level...and I do believe that american trucks can last long...however, I my family owned a cavalier back in the 80's and it died before we hit 35,000...My point is simply: we all know that the most reliable cars on the road are Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans....you really have to give it up for Toyota...something like 90% of all Camry's from 1986 and on are still on the road...who can beat that?

keep the faith-the peace-and your opinion

one

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Ctd 586 said:
I respect your luck with Chevy's, I was just making a general statement, you have to agree with me on some level...and I do believe that american trucks can last long...however, I my family owned a cavalier back in the 80's and it died before we hit 35,000...My point is simply: we all know that the most reliable cars on the road are Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans....you really have to give it up for Toyota...something like 90% of all Camry's from 1986 and on are still on the road...who can beat that?

keep the faith-the peace-and your opinion

one
Well that's cuz the first Cavaliers were rushed out to market by GM because they wanted to fight the imports taking over the market. They lacked experience in the compact car scene, but as you can see now, they're slowly catching up to their mistakes.

Japanese cars were seen as shitboxes back in the day too, but now look where they are. I think today's korean cars are pretty much the same way, but one day, they'll be undermining the market that Japanese cars have done so well to carve out for themselves.

When someone's not good at something, of course there will be mistakes. ;) Yeah...the old Civics really SUCKED. :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry but I used to own a '91 Civic Si with Mugen upgrades before I bought my G. It was a whole lot faster!!! I agree they were'nt made for racing, but it is alot easier to make them fast than it is a G, and it makes more sense too! They are lighter, have more mods, swaps, kits, and they handle bettter....but they are still kinda silly. Making a G fast isn't much different. They were'nt built for racing either. A G with a big muffler would sound the same, they are both 4 bangers. I still think some Civics when done right look awsome, but 99% are like you mentioned and I agree it is annoying!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
And Civics do too. They have a fully independent double-wishbone system at all four corners. Most cars that have that are either A) racecars, or B)really expensive. Give props to Honda for putting a nice suspension in a shitbox. (Until after 2000, bleh, Honda puts MacPherson struts in the fronts now).

Yeah, although the G20 has better handling than almost any other FF car, save for maybe the Protogé MP3, you can also add the Civic and the Integra to that list. They have shitty turning radius, but damn, they have GOOD handling.

FACT. :sleep:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts