Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished them yesterday. it took a couple days in my spare time. i used a dremel tool to cut the amber lens off and glued the new stuff to the stock bracket. then i drilled a small hole for the factory screw (painted silver with a white pearl coating) and counter sunk it for the head to drop down in. they look good from a few feet away, but up close you can tell they aren't exactly straight. kinda hard using only a dremel, file, sand paper, and a plastic knife. i might re-measure them and have them laser-cut for a better fit.

they are on the second page:
http://members.cardomain.com/seneb

·
Registered
288 Posts
looks good seneb. a few quick questions though.

1. after you used the dremel and got rid of the amber lens. what kinda clear lens did you use to put on top of it? where do you get it??

2. I like the carbon fiber door pillars !! what did u use for that? a sheet of carbon fiber sticker or vinyl that you just lay on top of it ?? the carbon fiber trim around the gauges is hot to !!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for the clear lens, i used the basic instructions from www.g20style.com (thanks eric) and improvised.

i made the carbon stuff from a sheet of decorative (real) carbon from tap plastics. they were pretty easy to make, but don't look perfect upon inspection. they are just stuck on with double-sided tape. the cluster was a pain in the ass, and was all hand cut. i had to make the template first, and that took a long time to get it perfect.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Looks good man, now you just need to clear the bumper reflectors for a completely cleared front end...I love those new stock rims too...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the bumper reflectors are cleared - that is what i was posting about! :confused:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Looks nice! Did you clear the rear bumper lights as well? Also, where did you get your piaa sticker's at?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys! nope, haven't done the rear ones yet - soon.

i got the piaa stickers from a shop here in sac. i think it was about eight bucks for both, maybe a little more.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Car Looks good man. The clear side markers make a huge difference. werd. Keep it going.

I was wondering ... how would the clear side marker look for a black g20. I just smoked mine out so far...but I don't know...maybe the clear ones will look good cuz I cleared everythign else out.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i would have smoked mine if my g was a dark color. i think the clear/white color would stand out too much. i'd like to see a pic if you have one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts