Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when applying my brakes, i get a Clonk noise from what appears to be the rear wheels, then wen realsing the brakes i get the same clonk, this happens sumtimes, not 2 often, but enuf to make me worry,

so i went and got brakes tested, they were perfect, nothing wrong at all, pads near enuf still brand new, any idaes what could be making this noise?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MOT centre with that brake testing machine that measures the force of the brakes front and rear

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so take the wheels off and push things about a bit? i got the guy to test the back bushes and anything there, and he said he found no excessive moment of anything.
it sometimes does it when i accelerate sharply as well, BUT only after if braked, its specialy loud when i brake then turn sharply, :(

i shall take the wheels off and take a closer look, :) cheers. but other than rotors/capilars moving, nething else?

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Stuff like this is really trickky to sort from a remote location ........... Nissan would find the fault ........ Unfortunately they will prolly find you archilles heel in yas wallet too :(

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Basically summink is loose ....... But not much ....... Otherwise it's be crashing & bangin like hell :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
check ur trunk for a loose spare tire or loose spare tire jack, etc.... make sure everything is braced down!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i do have my springs in the back in a box, but surely they wuldnt b that loud from the outside of the car?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
my clunking noise came from the blown rear GR2s... when I would back up and apply the brakes.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no seriously it cant be the springs, lol i took them out, same noise.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

:shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
testing again today, sumtimes it does it with a EVER SO LIGHT TOUCH of the brakes, is it the pads slapping agaisnt the discs to hard? i mean i just LIGHTLY TOUCHED and CLONK, what the hell?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts