Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a question - hope someone can give me some advice....

have a '96 p10 w/ 87K miles...when do stock shocks/struts start going? am starting to notice the bumps in the road a LOT more...front end dives a lot on quick stops too. are my shocks just about done for?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Hmmm....:-\
1)How many miles has it been since the struts have been replaced? Since struts/shocks wear so gradually, by the time you actually notice that you need new ones, you're way overdue.
2)Have you looked at the struts themselves? Well worn shocks/struts usually have a visible sign like some fluid leaking around it.

Hope that helps!
Of course, you may still want to get it looked at by a pro, just to be sure.;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they're still the original struts & shocks. last time I took it in, the guy mentioned that the fronts were going to go sooner or later (soon enough that it was worth mentioning)...there's a lot of body roll in turns now too...

time to replace?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
sushi said:
I think they're still the original struts & shocks. last time I took it in, the guy mentioned that the fronts were going to go sooner or later (soon enough that it was worth mentioning)...there's a lot of body roll in turns now too...

time to replace?
Yup. No sense in putting it off any longer. Tell you what, see if you can replace the struts with KYB GR-2's for improved handling. Instead of the dealer, see if you can get them through www.tirerack.com or www.kyb.com .
;)

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
I'll tell you what. When your struts are gone you will hear them. They will knock like a biotch!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doesn't the g20 use front shocks/rear struts? wouldn't it be more productive to get fronts & rears done at the same time?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
just make sure you do fronts together and rears to gether if you are strapped for cash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts