Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a clutch adjustment on our cars. I dont really like how easy it is to push my pedal in. There's got to be a way to adjust the clutch pedal and how the clutch grabs.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
You can adjust WHERE the clutch grabs, but not effort. The only real way to change effort is to swap the pressure plate.

The clutch cable attaches to the clutch linkage on the transmission bellhousing. It's right on top, towards the radiator, kind of underneath the stock intake piping. The cable has a locknut and is threaded for adjustment.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well thats fine to. So how do I adjust the it again. Is just like two steel wires and then there is a lock nut on both and you loosen and pull one line tighter then the other kind of deal. Please more information is needed. Thanks

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The cable itself is threaded. Loosen the nut on the back side of the bracket (towards the firewall), then tighten or loosen the nut on the opposite side of the bracket (depending on how you want to adjust the clutch pedal). Then tighten the nut on the back side to lock the cable in place.

Think about it this way: if you tighten the cable, you will move the friction point higher in the clutch pedal travel. If you loosen the cable, you will be lowering the friction point.

Just spend a minute under the hood, you'll figure it out. Keep playing with it and driving the car until you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
is there anyone wiht pictures of where the adjusting lock nut - i am not defineity sure if i m doing it right - thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
How long would it take to adjust the clutch cable? Also, what are the exact steps for removing the stock intake to get access to the tranny lever? Thanx.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just had a "new" transmission put in to my p10 and now the clutch peddle feels funny.
It feels like the clutch cable is rubbin agains something cause I can feel it sticking at a certain point. Also, it makes a bit of noise like a really quiet thud. Any ideas?

PS. Other than that it is shifting great and there is no slippage at all!

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Make sure the cable takes a nice smooth path with no tight bends.

Get someone to press the clutch in while you watch the movement of the clutch lever to see if you can see anything there..

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
If there is some play in the pivot point of the pedal then it could be binding as you press it. It's a pivot bolt with plastic bushes I think so check it out, it may just be a loose bolt (12-16lb-ft)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts