Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody heard of a clutch made by SACHS if so is $144 good for the whole kit, doesnt sound right to me. and i read on a site from newzeland that hotshots headers give 10-15hp and stillen around 12 could anybody tell me the price for the hotshots cuz their page has been down the past few days. thanks

mcguiver7 (96 g20)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
mcguiver7 said:
anybody heard of a clutch made by SACHS if so is $144 good for the whole kit, doesnt sound right to me.
That's a decent price. Check out www.stranoparts.com and www.nopionline.com for the SACHS kit and see if the price is comparable.

The SACHS kit is basically an OEM replacement clutchl. It is of great quality. I was planning on getting one of those just recently, but since I was looking for an economic replacement I opted for a C.A.P. MFG. Clutch (www.capclutch.com) from Puerto Rico. With the family and all, money is not as easily spent as it once used to be. =)

Anyhow, the C.A.P kit came with a Daikin Pressure Plate(Japan), Aisin-Raybestos Disc (Thailand), GREEN throw out bearing (USA), and alignment tool all for ONLY $99. Total with shipping was $118.50 to my door in 3 days!! They also have a performance pressure plate kit as well for a little more.

The install went great and the cluth seems to grab real nice. It is rated at 560Kgs clamping force compared to the stock OEM of 450Kgs. So it has a little more grab.

I am going to do a small right up of it on my website once I get enough time. And post some pics of the clutch kit compared to the OEM Nissan clutch my '96 G20 had in it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help nismo but my dad is making me take it to the dealer and putting a new stock in :( the funny thing is that the dealer just looked at it a month ago and said the only way the clutch could be gone at this point would be if i was doin some serious hott rodding lately=) thta is a bunch of bs considering the way ive been driving lately

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Only other advice I have is to make sure they don't put the Nissan Value Clutch in there. Make sure it is the OEM spec'd clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts