Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just found out that i was supposed to break in my new clutch for the first 500 miles. i was wondering if anyone new what would happen if it wasnt properly broken in. sadly, 2000 miles on the new clutch and it isnt catching right. some slipage and if it isnt on the floor, u grind. something tells me i am goin to be putten a new clutch in soon. i was hoping there is a easy solution, other then the obvious( drive my car like a old lady, not race my car as if i was a 16 year old male in a camero ss.)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
If you don't break your clutch in properly all the resins on the clutch disk won't be pulled out properly and then when you get on the car it'll pull the resins out too fast and "glaze" the surface of the clutch disk. Causing it to slip and/or not grab as hard as it normally would depending on the severity of the glazing. At least this is what i've heard. If your clutch is still slipping i'd try breaking it in longer, city driving (lots of shifting) breaks it in in fewer miles than highway (less shifting) would as well. Mine was fully broken in, in maybe 350-375 miles, cause it was all city driving. YMMV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts