Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed everytime i push my clutch in it has a little click in it. like i can feel it *click* when i push it to the floor lol i hope you understand thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
the "click" sound is due to the depression of a switch, which is mounted directly below the clutch when it is fully depressed. you need this switch to be depressed in order to start the car on MT driven.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G-Loads

ok thanks for the reply but, i am little uclear of what you said.. so there is a switch somewhere ? what can i do to stop it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so does it happen to everybodys?? *click*

·
Registered
424 Posts
there is a switch below your steering wheel. it triggers when the clutch is fully depressed (flooring it).

well, yes for new car, on start up everyone will get this initial "click".

what you want to do is not to depress your clutch too much, like flooring it. move your seat back an inch or two. it's only when you need to start the car you floor the clutch, otherwise it's not necessary.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it doesnt only click when i floor it. it does it when i just tapp it alittle i think something must be loose then.. t

·
Registered
424 Posts
Zero*2*Infiniti said:
it doesnt only click when i floor it. it does it when i just tapp it alittle i think something must be loose then.. t
okay, now you're talking about a whole different thing here.....

the spring, or at the joint where the clutch pivots, might need some grease. if this doesn't rectify the problem and you cannot tolerate the clicking, bring it in the dealer and have them look at it. they shouldn't charge you for this under the warranty program.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
warranty?? i have a 91 *G*

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Is your clutch cable tight? there isn't any slack in the cable is there?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think my cable is tight how would i go about checkin the tension on iit?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Zero*2*Infiniti said:
i think my cable is tight how would i go about checkin the tension on iit?
Look at the arm coming off the tranny that the clutch cable attaches too. is there any slack in the cable there? Or, if you move that arm, does it move freely for a little bit before the cable catches?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts