Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finished my clutch install today (XTD stage 2, ebay special), and now I can't get the damn thing to disengage. I adjusted the clutch all the way, and even drilled and moved the bracket to get some more extension, but the damn thing still will not completely disengage with the pedal all the way to the floor. The pedal is firm, and feels like it should be disengaging the clutch, but doesn't. do i just need a new clutch cable, or did I mess something up while installing the clutch?

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i replaced the cable, adjusted it all the way out with the bracket moved as far forward as possible, and the clutch still will not disengage. wtf. i guess i put something in wrong.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
With the bracket as far forward as possible ??
Have you moved the bracket towards the front of the car or towards the firewall ??

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, i guess i should have specified. I moved it towards the firewall. I also should mention that there's nearly 3" of free play in the clutch arm itself, of course that can be adjusted out with the cable. I can get it so the pedal feels great, with no free play and a solid feel, but it still won't completely disengage the clutch. I'm wondering if the release bearing slipped when i was putting the transmission back in the car or something. I could just be completely overreacting, the wheels are not on the car yet, and its still up on jackstands. Maybe the pilot bushing is just catching on the input shaft and spinning things up, but I'm going to wait for my buddy to get back over here so I can get a second opinion before I put it completely together. I really don't want to tear up my new clutch.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WAHOOO! Man, I'm entirely too paranoid when it comes to my own vehicles. It turns out, with the new cable, the clutch went from over adjusted to under adjusted. I still need to play with it some, but it drives and shifts fine. There is a minor tranny leak (passenger axle seal, which I replaced but apparently isn't seated properly). So, anyway, this is resolved. Now I can get on to fixing everything else that's wrong with the car :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts