Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clutches for 2000 g20 T Whats good whats bad

recently my clutch has been slipping. As soon as i shift into gears and give the care some gas(clutch is totally out) the rpm's shot up until i let off the gas as if i was holding the clutch down while hitting the gas. When i let off, the car returns to the normal rpm. But as soon as i give it gas again it starts to slip. There is 90,000 on this clutch so im sure its pretty close to going totally. But im gonna get the car in and see if i can get some kind of adjustment done to gain me a little bit of time.

Has anyone ever done a clutch job at home before. Can it be done?

Just wondering if the engine needs to be lifted/dropped from the car to be able to do this job. I have called a lot of places and none will do the work if i supply the clutch, and i dont want some generic clutch going into my car.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Seem pretty busted, don't drive the car, you'll end up scratching the flywheel.

§‡Çk ‡ÑƒîÑ 4²º said:
Has anyone ever done a clutch job at home before. Can it be done?
Yep. Get help from a Gneter close to you.
§‡Çk ‡ÑƒîÑ 4²º said:
Just wondering if the engine needs to be lifted/dropped from the car to be able to do this job.
No need to lift the engine, just jack the car and drop the tranny.

40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also i was on the phone with a lot of shops/clutch suppliers today. i just wanted to ask everyone who has experience with clutches, or had to replace one. What clutches are good and which ones are known to have problems.

I was on the Phone with JGY today for a while, those guys said that a lot of the clutches of the market right now for G20's are not really that dependable. They said they have issues with the springs in the clutch wheel popping out.

Just looking for some suggestions as to which clutch will be the most quality so i don't have to worry about weather im gonna burn the clutch out in 2 hours hehe.

40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tealturboser said:
i suggest not to take advice form jgy... just get an oem clutch if your not modding also check out the sr20forum for info
Really? Have you herd bad things about this company or something? The guys that i talked to sounded like they knew their stuff.

And this clutch job kinda came at a good time. i mean no time is ever a good time to spend hundreds of dollars just so your car will run hehe, but what are you gonna do.

But im gonna get a pucked clutch instead of the solid round stock type clutch because i do plan to do many mods to this car as i get money, one of them being a turbo. And hell if im gonna spend money now and then have to switch out the clutch when i get my turbo installed. i just want to get that baby in and not have to worry about anything like clutches.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You may wish to talk to some people who are using a puck style clutch. As I remember, while they may take more horsepower, they tend to be grabby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts