Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a new clutch installed in july with a napa replacement clutch and resurfaced flywheel.
i've noticed my clutch pedal feeling soft instead of a nice strong pressure.
sometimes its really soft while driving and sometimes it has a nice pressure to it.
there are no signs of clutch fluid leaking anywhere. and i adjusted the clutch pedal a little to see if it would fix the issue.
but its still really soft at times and then has pressure again.
has new transmission fluid and also new slave cylinder.
has anyone dealt with this before and fixed the issue? do i need to adjust the clutch pedal again?

·
Registered
147 Posts
In my experience with hydraulic clutch components I have encountered the same problem and it sounds as though you are having internal failures of either the master cylinder or the operating cylinder in your system. I banged my head against the wall trying to get one to bleed out properly but to no avail. I finally replaced both units with new and problem was solved. I would say you may want to consider that option especially if the components are old. Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pretty sure you still need the slave. You probably mean clutch damper. Remove and bypass the damper.

I plan on removing mine and going braided line. Im trying to find a braided line to go directly from the master to the slave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.