Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after my clutch disc blew on me i went ahead and took took apart my tranny to install a new clutch disc. I took out the tranny, installed my new 8.5 Fidanza flywheel, installed my new b15 disc and my spec PP and used an alignment tool to center the disc. Everything was torqued to spec. Installed the tranny and bolted everything up. The problem is when i attempted to start the car. There's this somewhat high pitched "rubbing" sound coming from the clutch. Sounds like a belt squeeling but its coming from inside the tranny. My car won't idle because of it. When i step on the clutch while giving it gas to keep the motor alive, the rubbing sound gets a higher pitch. Also my clutch grabs when needed, it will stay in neutral and will actually drive in gears. I did this just to test it out to see if it grabs, but i drove it a very short distance.

So what can be my problem? I figured i installed everything properly and tq everything to spec.... i know i hafta take out my tranny again nite to see whats wrong but mb you guys can chime in on what could of possibly went wrong? :-\

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
free bump for Martin. if any of you ever saw the cartoon of the Jetsen's, well the noise sounds EXACTLY like when they are driving their car. for a second i thought it was floating but then realized it was on jackstands. so yeah the noise is very puzzling, but thing is everything seems to be working perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts