Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the "best" clutch these days for VE street driving? Just want something that will hold up, not too hard to deal with.

I'm running a stock (unkown brand) slipping clutch right now - not a lot of fun w/ the VE.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Ive been through many clutches. I currently have the Exedy Satge 1 and this one is my favorite.. holds 197whp great. pedal feels good too!!

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Ive been through many clutches. I currently have the Exedy Satge 1 and this one is my favorite.. holds 197whp great. pedal feels good too!!
I second the exedy but not the whole kit. The pressure plate on the racing stage 1 is excellent. Just make sure you use and OEM TOB and new clips. I would opt for the OEM disc as well.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Not to threadjack...but what's the current opinion of ACT clutches for our G's?

·
Registered
514 Posts
i have an ACT 6 puck clutch with a lightweight flywheel and i love it!!! it takes everything i give it!!!

then again i have a DE

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
neither, get JWT, Nismo, EXEDY, or ACT

Pretty much in that order to if you ask me.

Or if you are stock then just get a key value from the dealer

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Are you VE? That is pretty good numbers on a DE. I can only assume you have a quality header and some serious tuning.

Your obviously not stock so I would get something with a little more bite then a KV.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
$337+shipping will net you the Nismo/Centerforce clutch kit from everythingg20.com...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
i could also get a act clutch 6 puck, solid no spring. Is that over kill?
Solid no spring is a NO-NO on a street car. That thing will engage harsh enough to eventually wear out the splines on the input shaft, and could potential cause other parts to wear out prematurely as well.

Unless you are tracking the car routinely, I would stick to a marcel dampered clutch (the spring pack). I've seen full face marcel-dampered clutches hold well over 250 ft-lbs. at the wheels in an SR20-powered car...from what you said you are no where near that power level.

So, I'd go as mild as possible and still leave yourself 25% or so extra headroom in holding capacity for adding power later. The rest of the drivetrain will be happy you did.

·
Administrator
5,872 Posts
Personally?

I have a Fidanza Flywheel (8.5lb model), JWT SR20 1 Side Metallic 215mm disc (click here) and JWT SR20 Hi-Torque Pressure Plate (click here) (click here for the combo pack).

I track my car twice a month (one weekend a month, saturday and sunday) with an extensively modded VE and its by far the best clutch setup I've EVER owned. Great for DDing while it holds up the abuse on the track. I had it apart due to me killing my 3rd gear and it was perfect when I inspected it (after a full year of DDing and 24 track days).

Also I will say that while its a JWT disk, the inner section IS an Exedy clutch (as both JWT and Nissan uses Exedy as their "OE" clutch type).

With my prior problems with quality control and ACT, I won't buy any of their products for the SR20 series any more, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
j0n...

What TOB did you use with that set-up? OEM?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts