Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I came home and I park my car,Then this morning started it up,but the peddle felt a little soft,try to put the car in gear and didn't go. So I took the transmission out and it was a little metal piece that broke off. It was a six puck XTD clutch, never heard of them. I ordered a centerforce stage 3 dual friction clutch. Anybody have any experience with the centerforce clutch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea, I have used centerforce before. The pedal effort is freakin rediculous and they don't hold the power. Clutchmasters is the way to go, a little high on price, but the engineering R&D is very evident with their products. I current have their stage 4 6 puck clutch installed. The pedal effort is lighter/same as stock?(been a while since I used a stock clutch). If you can, send the centerforce back!! also, no matter what clutch you have, if you downshift a bunch on the fwd sr20, the spring housings on the clutch disc will eventually break. I used to downshift a bunch as I was used to bigger clutches(older rx7's, 300z's, mustangs etc), but that can not be done often on a fwd sr20 because the surface area is just not there to support the tremendous load placed on the cushioning springs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam, I already installed the clutch, the clutch pedal feels close to stock, not hard or anything. I guess I won't downshift as much then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts