Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got a service engine soon light on. autozone code said p1126, something to do with fuel mixture problem. Anyone have any info on this code? Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
430 Posts
defective ect (engine coolatn temp sensor) more info on mitchell. i tried to copy paste it wont let me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My starter failed on me last week, so I had a shop replace it. When I got the car back, the Service Engine Soon light was gone (assuming from disconnection of battery). A few days later, it came back on. I'm going to try to change out the thermostat and see if this fixes the problem. So where can I find it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up a thermostat from Infiniti and a new gasket from Advance Auto Parts. Had them doublecheck the code. Got the p1126 again. Also got a P0172 (fuel system rich, bank one). I wonder if this is a separate problem. After I replace the thermostat, I'm going to reset the ecu, and see if it come back.

Any special instructions on how to replace the t-stat? Besides draining the antifreeze? Speaking of which, where is the drain screw? Is it right under the radiator?

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
the little weep hole thingy gets pointed striat up.
Inspect old T stat and let me know if it is not all the way closed.
. it could be coolant sencor is bad. but make your repare and reset it.
the other code may not be related

1 - 10 of 10 Posts