Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes my first post....Newbie to my car and to the forums so bare with me.

I just got a 1999 G20t(P11?) this spring. Love the car just want to add a little more pop to it and possibly some shiny stuff.

My question is in regards to adding a CAI to my engine. I did some looking around the forums and did not really find a direct answer to the following.

1. Is the CAI and Air Filter exclusive or is it one or the other? Will the CAI take the place of the Air Filter? (sorry this could be a really noob question)

2. How concerned do you need to be with Water and a CAI? How much rain is hard rain?(I live in OH) Do retailers deal both Intakes and Bypass valves regularly?

3. Also, did I read that Ram air intake is not even an option for P11?

I figure the filter and/or intake will be good first mods to make before I get into the shiny stuff.

It will be a slow process, but I would really like to get in and do most of the mods myself. This forum is going to be a great help.

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
The cold air intake comes with a cone filter for the end of the cai piping. They are not sold with a AEM BPV, but you could fit one to it if you felt it necessary to do so. I havn't run one on my car and I've been ok, but I also live in Az where it only rains a couple times a year, although in the monsoon season there can be flash floods (just have to be smart when driving in water).
Also, if you're looking for a shiney look, check out the Hotshot CAI, it's polished (looks like chrome).
And I wouldn't even bother with trying to do a Ram air setup, just stick with a CAI, they are proven to gain hp on our cars.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I recommend the HS CAI as well. I would not hurt to attach the Jim Wolf POP charger to it. In my opinion that is the best combo. You will need another mass air attachment. HS sells that too. As far as getting water in. I have been running with the CAI for about 2 years now. So far, knock on wood, so good. I have driven the car through some serious rain storms and some big puddles with no problem. For peace of mind you can get the bypass valve. The whole CAI set up is not that hard to slap on. All you need is a buddy and a 12 pack some tools would not hurt either.:nervous:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
In order for water to be a problem, you actually have to submerge the filter. Splashing water on it isn't going to do any damage to your engine, but don't try to ford any streams. The AEM ABV is mostly a total piece of crap unless you have a Civic where the CAI's new air filter is placed below the tie rod. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts