Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i bet this has been asked a lot but since Place Racing and Hot Shot are out of business :dead:

do you guys know any other brand of CAI that are good i have a P11 '01 :(

one that doesn't need to be modded or need me to cut a hole into my car preferably!

AND when i look for the model and stuff if it isn't under infiniti g20/ nissian primera ?
i look for a nissan sentra?

sorry newb newb question :knockout:

p.s. anyone know where to buy it? :/

·
Registered
978 Posts
There isn't a COLD AIR that you can buy that fits without modding. Just won't work. You would have to use a warm air intake.

My cold air came from AEM, and required cutting a hold next to the battery tray to get the filter down in the bumper. good luck finding one though.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i got mine from a place called autogrimmig.com, it is really made for a 00-03 sentra, it bolts right on to the MAF, and works good the only thing is that i have short ram in now but it comes with the longer pipe to go to the bumper......go to the site click nissan and you will see the 00-03 Sentra GXE not the spec V

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
G2BENVD said:
i got mine from a place called autogrimmig.com, it is really made for a 00-03 sentra, it bolts right on to the MAF, and works good the only thing is that i have short ram in now but it comes with the longer pipe to go to the bumper......go to the site click nissan and you will see the 00-03 Sentra GXE not the spec V

Off topic: I recognize the Stillen bar you have up front and was originally made for the rear, iirc....

On topic: your suggestion is OK. It's very difficult to find an CAI for our cars. In my car I went back from CAI to a kind of longer short ram.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Loek said:
Off topic: I recognize the Stillen bar you have up front and was originally made for the rear, iirc....
G2BENVD said:
/\ /\
if my memory serves me right you sold it to dave...who in turn sold it to me....
WTF? i'm getting a full set of Stillen bars from Uncle Dave, and the RSTB is a FSTB with different mounts to fit the rear. weird.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
no he sold you the real F&R strut bars, the one i got from him a couple of months ago is a rear bar that loek had changed the mounts to fit the front....i believe the real bar has a angle on either end to clear the intake manifold

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
G2BENVD said:
no he sold you the real F&R strut bars, the one i got from him a couple of months ago is a rear bar that loek had changed the mounts to fit the front....i believe the real bar has a angle on either end to clear the intake manifold
Correct. It cleared my intake w/o any problem though. I had sold it to jd20jd who in turn sold it to Dave iirc and from there onwards....

·
Registered
288 Posts
i've got a hotshot lowport CAI and it fit nicely, just had to enlarge the hole that goes down in front of the wheel well.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Lemute said:
i've got a hotshot lowport CAI and it fit nicely, just had to enlarge the hole that goes down in front of the wheel well.
That's correct because HS made it specific for the G20. But that was really the only CAI designed/made for G20's. All others that people install are really made the Sentra (see specific model noted above) But Host Shot is out of business now!

·
Registered
288 Posts
slimlou said:
That's correct because HS made it specific for the G20. But that was really the only CAI designed/made for G20's. All others that people install are really made the Sentra (see specific model noted above) But Host Shot is out of business now!

incorrect, mine was made for a sentra/200sx.
some ppl that have the same intake as i do claim it wouldnt' fit right, but i made mine fit with some creative handywork (moving the battery over a little bit)
and i know it wasn't made for my car specifically because the maf adapter that came with it also had to be modded (the bolt holes wouldn't line up)

·
Registered
612 Posts
G2BENVD said:

I went to the site but there is two different intakes for the Sentra, which is the one that will work on the G20.

·
Registered
313 Posts
G2BENVD said:
I may be opening up a debate here, but isn't that a warm air intake as it draws hot air from inside the engine bay. A cold air intake either enclosed or positions the filter outside the engine bay to suck colder air from outside the engine bay...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts