Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
i am planning of installing a WAI on my P11. but one thing i noticed, on the very first inlet of the stock air filter, there was a small sensor. is this part of the MAF too? should i condemned this sensor when installing a WAI? thanks

·
^-*
3,201 Posts
um if ur just putting the filter in place of the airbox the sensors just stay where they are and you dont have to worry about them

if you change the whole piping im not sure
on my friends car he just taped them so they wouldnt move around lol

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
i am planning of installing a WAI on my P11. but one thing i noticed, on the very first inlet of the stock air filter, there was a small sensor. is this part of the MAF too? should i condemned this sensor when installing a WAI? thanks
It's measures the air inlet temperature. Some people leave it where it sits because the wires might not be long enough to install it into the end of the WAI's filter, or the filter you have you can't fit it in. Personally, I'd prefer to have it attached to the filter because the ECU uses the temp of the inlet air to adjust itself on a ongoing basis. But that's just me. Really, all you have to do is just lengthen the wires if you want.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts