Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can view the 2002 models in all the available colors? The Infiniti website doesn't have many photos, and I know if I go to the dealer they won't have all of the colors in stock. And I can't really imagine what they'd look like based on the little color boxes.

Thanks,

Karen

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Brand new G20's are becoming pretty scarce now days. They don't make them anymore and you'll just have to pick form what's in stock. For instance there is apparently only one Black G20 5-spd Sport in the whole US. I doubt you can even find a Maui Blue G anymore on a dealer lot.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
...well...

at this point, the dealer color selection won't be very good...

The Maui Blue is my favorite color but long gone by now is my guess... I know that www.theinfinitisuperstore.com has actual photos of the cars they have in stock if you want to check there.

good luck!

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
yup...

my dealer has about 5 left in stock.. grey, black, white is all I saw.. all automatic.. 2 of them are sport models though... My dealer is selling them for right around $20K with a $24K sticker. I'm sure you can get a deal like this or better at your dealer because they want them gone to make room for the g35!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris,

What's the difference between a sports model and the standard model? I thought there was only one model available?

Is the grey color that Crystal Silver? or is it really a matte grey?

And do you know if the $20K models come with leather interior?

Thanks!

Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Really?

"For instance there is apparently only one Black G20 5-spd Sport in the whole US.

~GForces"

...hmmm, I didn't think they were that rare yet as I've seen a Black 5-speed Sport sitting at my local dealership for a few weeks now. It may still be there.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Reason Jason said that is because I went '02 5spd Sport shopping this weekend...

They did a query of all dealerships for '02 5spd G20 Sports, the only Black one was supposedly at my local dealer from what the sales manager showed me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I had the chance to get a manual G20 Sport but I blew it and got an auto. Wish I picked the manual over the slush box now but im not killing myself about it...

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I finally decided the G-20 was the right car for me, I took peoples' advice and looked for the 5 speed. My dealer (in Novi, MI) had ONE. A 'stripped down' white one. I tested it on a Thursday, went back Friday and it was sold. I got on the internet and telephone and found two--a silver one in Grand Rapids and a black one in Dayton, both loaded. I would've preferred the black, but the Dayton dealer wouldn't trade. I got (what I think is) the last 5-speed in Michigan. This was 3 weeks ago. I also had the $24K sticker/$20K actual experience. It came with the carbon fiber dash kit, too.

I have 1,600 miles on my car already.

Christine

·
Registered
424 Posts
The Sport Package has all the goodies: sport suspensions (for better ride and handling), rear spoiler (for looks - it really puts an exclaimation mark!), leather/suede sport seats (this is what I like most! the seats tug you right in), front fog lights (another distinct appeal and for that oddly occasion of fog), sunroof (for the hot summer days and it's just classic to have), silver gauges (very nice appearance and ergonomics), aluminum trim brush (very nice interior trim), larger wheelbase and rims.

All in all, it's a lot better than basic package. But like everyone else say, your choices are very limited right now as they are becoming very scarce. But do shop around and ask the dealer to look for what you want. I am sure they can work out something.

jIm

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Just to clear up:

The suspension and wheelbase is the same.

Also aluminum trim dash kit is not an Infiniti option. It's a little option that most dealers offer. Some offer alum., carbon fiber, or wood, but it's at their own option. Meaning, those parts are not in any Infiniti parts catalog.

The biggie that was missed is that you get LSD with the Sport.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
b-b00gie said:
They did a query of all dealerships for '02 5spd G20 Sports, the only Black one was supposedly at my local dealer from what the sales manager showed me. :rolleyes:
Well it wouldn't really surprise me if the dealerships didn't know their ass from the trees. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the Sports package includes EVERYTHING?
So I wouldn't have to specify that I want the Leather Seats and Moonroof package deal?

Are the leather seats on a standard model different from that on a Sports model?

How much more is it for the Sports package?

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
The Sport model comes with Black leather with Gray Suede inserts on the seats and door panels.

The Sport packages includes:

Silver face gauges
Foglights
Leather interior (black) with Suede accents
Rear Spoiler
Body colored front grill
Black body headlights
Sunroof
Limited slip differential in transmission
Automatic Climate control system
16" wheels

The only options that you can add to the Sport package are:

Auto trans.
Heated seats
CD changer
Splashgaurds

Also, the Sport model only comes in:

Silver Crystal
Obsidian Black
Ruby Red (only seen 1 so far)
Midnight Blue
Pearl White

It was also offered in Maui Blue and Titanium Silver, but they were discontinued.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you think that all the extras of the Sports package is worth $1000 more?

The leather seats and sun roof deal is around $1,200
Sports package is around $2,200

Is there a noticeable difference in the performance?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Karen,

The MSRP for the 2002 Sport Package is about $20-24K. Period. No additions to the MSRP!

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Karen said:
Do you think that all the extras of the Sports package is worth $1000 more?

The leather seats and sun roof deal is around $1,200
Sports package is around $2,200

Is there a noticeable difference in the performance?

Yes the $1000 over the cost of a G20 base + leather & sunroof is worth it.

Not only do you get some nice cosmetic differences that add some very nice subtle styling. You also get a Limited Slip Differential in the transmission.

I wouldnt go w/ the base one. :rolleyes:

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
G-loads said:
Karen,

The MSRP for the 2002 Sport Package is about $20-24K. Period. No additions to the MSRP!

I think what Karen means is...

If you price a Luxury G20 with the Leather and Convenience package and the Sunroof Package, the cost is $1000 less than a G20 Sport.

She was wondering if it was worth to get the Sport, or whether to save the $1000.

I'd go Sport all the way!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts