Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jus recently reset my comp .... i turned the screw all the way to the right.... what happends if i keep it to the right instead of turning it back to the left??

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I thought you had to turn it fully clockwise, wait, then turn it back for it to flash? that'd put it back where you started, right?

·
Registered
880 Posts
yes, that's correct. but you have to repeat that in order to return the ecu to normal operating status from diagnostic mode 2.

to answer your question loudog, if you don't leave the screw fully counterclockwise then the ecu will not work properly and could cause a malfunction (bad). So always make sure after you check your ecu that the screw had been turned completely counterclockwise when ever the vehicle is going to be in use.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

if you guys wouldn't have told me i probably would have left it clockwise! that could have reallly sucked..next thing i need to do is advance the timming ...i gotta read some old forums for that.. ..do you gotta run high octane gas with it advanced??

·
Registered
880 Posts
if you advance to more than 17* then yes, you need to run at least 91 octane. Otherwise no. Oh and Happy Birthday BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts