Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

All this talk about P10 P11 DE VE DET etc. has got me confused. I get some of it but here is my question.

I own a 94 Primera (In Taiwan) G20 in states. As they say in Thailand "Same Same!!!"

I have an ugh.... Automatic.

I, with luck and availability, would like to change the auto tranny for a 5 speed. Particulary an LSD one. Which ones new or old(used) can I throw in? I could even see importing one from the states if need be.

I just don't want to make a mistake on this. Mechanics here are.... well usually crap! So the fewer "adjustments" or "alterations" I have to make the better. Sorry, I do not have the tools nor experience to do this myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
329 Posts
open your hood and look at the metal sticker/tag/badge...

Should say something along the lines of:
Engine: SR20DE
Displacement: 1998

You most likely have a DE from the sound of it. Just pop the hood and take a look!

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
If you do have a sr20de and are interested in a auto to manual tranny swap, I'd recommend going with the P11 tranny. It's stronger than the P10 tranny and has better gear ratios.

If cost is an issue, then I'd suggest going with a P10 tranny.

The difference in a P10 chasis and P11 chasis can be seen in the threads below:

The car in the pictures in this thread is a P10:
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27102

The car in the pictures in this thread is a P11:
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55431

Hope this helps..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help and advice.

It looks like a P10 is what I ahve. Under the hood it says SR20DE 1998. year is 1995 or4 I guess. I must get out the paperwork.

Will a P11 tranny fit on the P10?

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Spelunko said:
Will a P11 tranny fit on the P10?
Yes, there is a write up either here on G20.net or on sr20forum.com.

Do a search or two. :)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Pictures and the engine badge are a real good indicator of what your have but if you need more info here's a good link; also on there is a link from me to Sr20forum with most of the engine codes.

Engine Codes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts