Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the p10 just got tint put on all around a few months ago. not too dark in the front. of course she gets a fix-it for it a week or two ago.
what are her options? i mean theres obviously fixing it -- does she pay the price of the ticket still?

if she doesnt fix it? thats my main question

·
Registered
133 Posts
What g20touring said...
It might be cheaper to remove the tint yourself, get the ticket signed off and have a shop retint it. only problem is that it might not match but seeing as its only been on for a few months, shouldnt be something to worry bout.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I went through this several times with my old car in Virginia.. Just go to court and say you removed the tint, ticket dropped. or you can take a picture of the car (or another one the same color that you happen to come across in a parking lot some where) before it was tinted for 'proof'.

Or you can be honest and take the tint off, snap a pic, then have tint put back on, put that requires more effort and money...

...just fyi, after about the 4th ticket, I just took tint off my front windows all together... got to be a pain. ..all were dismissed though. Just be polite.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Were you told to go some where to have it inspected?
If not, then it's not like they're going to stop court to walk out to the parking lot to see if you really did peel the tint off...

·
WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER
5,201 Posts
^^not a bad idea Randy...:thumbsup:

If you must, just pull off the tint on the front doors & leave the rest of the tint off, go to local CHP for (free) inspection, & see if you can mail in the actual ticket with the $10.00 fine.
^^seeing since your hours away from court.

also keep in mind that in the state off Cali, the tint is all to the descretion of the officer, & if you say its light tint, swing by the local CHP (w/citation in hand) & talk t them, maybe the might say its cool & sign your ticket off, shiet it worked for me before with the CHP's Westminster station.

·
G MERA
5,199 Posts
Man you guys are lucky, over here in CT when you get a fix-it-ticket you have 30 days to fix your problem, then you've got to go to the DMV for a full vehicle inspection. If you don't do that they pull your registration! We don't have the option to pay a higher amount and keep our mods....

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm. anyone wanna ship us some windows? we live in the middle of nowhere, and theres no way without going through a dealer that were gonna get some.

so im not allowed to show you recent pics JUST yet :naughty:
but heres an OOLLDDD one
the front is lighter than the rear. this pic makes it look darker than it is, but i suppose theyre still fairly dark

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
kekekekeke i just had all of my tint removed.
i'll post a "topless" pic of my baby after lunch.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Man that whole tint law is insane. It should be criminal in AZ NOT to have tint with how bloody hot it get's here.
Thankfully >33% is legal.
I like the spare window idea....but I say fix it. It's so stupid...but why hassel with it?

·
I met Gate Cat
4,436 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
do you need proof?
Yes, you need proof of correction, you don't need to take a picture. An officer that signs off the ticket is enough proof.

When I got a fix it ticket for my tint, I had one of the cops that I was cool w/ from starbucks sign off the ticket. I still took the tint off even though I got it signed off because if I got pulled over for it, it'd make that cop look real bad, in turn making me look reaaaaal bad.

P11Gdub said:
kekekekeke i just had all of my tint removed.
i'll post a "topless" pic of my baby after lunch.
Mike, you still need to have you ticket signed off. :(

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if we take a semi far away pic with the windows rolled down....

im thinking maybe well talk to a cop and jsut say that shes from down south a ways and got it because she has to park her car in the sun so much where she lives away from school...

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
i got a ticket for my front windows. i just took the tint off and paid the 10. and i have no interest in putting the tint back on the front two windows. i dont have time to hastle cops/court

1 - 20 of 30 Posts