Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking into buying a G20. The price quoted on Carsdirect.com seems very reasonable! It's about $18,600 for an automatic. Is this a great price or is there room to bargain at the dealers?

I also can't find any safety info on the car. It hasn't been crash tested anywhere. Do you know why this is? Or better yet, do you know where I can find crash info on this car?

I've also read that there is a lack in power. Now if this is a comparison amongst other luxury cars like the Audi or Lexus, I don't really mind, but if it's lacking compared to Honda or Toyota, that might be an issue. What are your opinions on this?

Thanks,

Karen

·
Registered
710 Posts
What kind of price range are you looking to spend on a car? Also are you looking for something new/used? Auto/manual? Are you planning on doing any modifications to the car later?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
for your infomation the Infiniti G20 will definitly be more powerful than your average corrolla or civic counter part thats for sure!!! This is mainly due to the suprisnly well made engine from Nissan. The engine code is Sr20De that is 2.0 litre engine without a turbo the same engine with a turbo application (SR20DET) is the engine used by the Nissan Silvia in Japan hhahaha nice nice car !! =)
Well down an dirty if your not the sort of person that likes to go REALLY FAST but want to crusie Around YET want the Option of souping up your car to Be HUGLY Fast the G20 is good because it provides good handling response and braking power with pretty huge brakes..! so in a sense thats all i can say ... I have no idea if the car has been test crashed before but i would assume anything that NISSAN can put out on the road will definitly be a winner..!!! so HOPE that will help you a Bit in your decsion making hahahah
:lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

I'm looking for a new car in the $18-$22K range. I've really been all over the board on my decisions - I've gone from Honda CRV to Ford Escape to Toyota RAV4 to the Toyota Camry and back to the Honda CRV and now to the Infiniti G20.

I'm really not looking to soup it up in any way. Although leather seats and moonroof would be nice.

Do you know how much people have been paying for the 2002 models?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well The G20 is a GREAT car...very reliable and ask you can tell alot of us love it.

I'm sure you did your research, but as you know the G20 is discontinued and the G35 is sort-of "taking its place" soo if the dealers around have any G20's left, you should be able to get a great closeout deal. Im pretty sure they want to get rid of them so go haggle. The only problem is that you might not get what u want becuase there are so few left. But if the dealer doesnt have exactly what you want, use that to your advantage and say..well, I wanted this in blue with a sunroof, but i'll take this one in red without but you gotta give me alot off...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't know that the G20 was being replaced by the G35. I just happened across this model on Carsdirect and was shocked by the affordability. I didn't think I could afford an Infinity so I never looked into them at all.

The more I read through the threads here, the more the car is growing on me!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
ANYWAYS, the G20 is a great car, and finding a good deal on one gets easier and easier as the G35 rolls in.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Pure love at first sight

Karen,

I can relate to the decision I made buying the Infiniti G20.
I was looking for cars in the luxury and sporty categories. I even ordered the Lexus IS300, test drove the BMW 325, the VW GTI 18.T and the Volvo S40. But it all came down to affordability and dollars versus options! Never thought of the Infiniti while doing my shopping until that very Friday evening when I vividly recalled that I once saw a G20t in midnight blue one time somewhere a long time back. Well, I immediately found out the make and went to the dealer and was attracted to the Maui Blue G20 on display and bought it on the spot. (Had to cancel the IS300 order).

What attractive of this G20 is that it comes standard, I mean with everything! Sunroof, sporty leather seats, bose system, cd library, sport suspension, rear spoiler, you name it! The great thing is that all of these does not add to your MSRP! That's what sold me!!! The car itself has style. It looks so luxurious and people think you pay big bucks for it but really not! It sure is a prestigious car and never I was there a moment that I looked back and regretting it! NEVER! And up until now, I am still attracted to this car so much that I always give it a "double-glance" - you know, as something you would do if you see a very attractive person?! Yeah.....

Karen, we can assure you that you will not regret buying this car. That's all said and done, but if you are a PERFORMANCE, GOING-FAST-TYPED personality, then get a WRX. But if you want something real attractive, affordable, best value - get the G20!

It sure was love at first sight for me :)
Cheers.
jIm

·
Registered
288 Posts
Karen - I just bought a 2002 G20 in January and I must say I've been a happycamper so far. Right now, I would say that you're in the best position if you're opting to purchase a 2002 G20 b/c as you now know, most dealers want to sell the last of the G20s and make more room on the lot for the sleek-looking "G35" !! But you better act quick before most of the selection is gone =)
I should have waited till around this time to buy my G20 instead of January, but I didn't. :-\ As far as your leather/sunroof package, it's hard to find a 2002 G20 without it !! If you really really want the cloth interior and NO sunroof, you might have to go to Idaho or one of them country hicksville states to find one of those b/c those aren't too common around here. But definately the leather seats and sunroof are worth every penny. Even the heated seats are great !!!! :cool: Good luck !

G-loads: Yo bro. I love the G20 and all, but you cancelled the IS300 order for the G20 ! c'mon man !! what were you thinking?
I'm just playing. But for reals, I'd take the LEX IS3 over my G20 any freakinn day !!! :cheeky:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Karen - I just bought a 2002 G20 in January and I must say I've been a happycamper so far. Right now, I would say that you're in the best position if you're opting to purchase a 2002 G20 b/c as you now know, most dealers want to sell the last of the G20s and make more room on the lot for the sleek-looking "G35" !! But you better act quick before most of the selection is gone =)
I should have waited till around this time to buy my G20 instead of January, but I didn't. :-\ As far as your leather/sunroof package, it's hard to find a 2002 G20 without it !! If you really really want the cloth interior and NO sunroof, you might have to go to Idaho or one of them country hicksville states to find one of those b/c those aren't too common around here. But definately the leather seats and sunroof are worth every penny. Even the heated seats are great !!!! The only minor fallback is the lack of power in the G20. My girlfriends lil RSX kills my car !! :cool: Good luck !

G-loads: Yo bro. I love the G20 and all, but you cancelled the IS300 order for the G20 ! c'mon man !! what were you thinking?
I'm just playing. But for reals, I'd take the LEX IS3 over my G20 any freakinn day !!! :cheeky:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Reasons I cancelled the Lex order because of urgency and reality checks.

Urgency: I needed a car by September 01 lastyear as I was moving to the sudburd.

Reality check: Really, I could afford the car (with zero downpayment) but I would not have the money to socialize. Worst case could have been - no money for gas. How good is that? Also, depreciation. And this is my first car. Don't worry, second car will be GT-R (ship from Japan) or the M5. Always aim high! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts