Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THe p11 isnt goin anywhere, 1/2 my room is filled with secret projects waiting to be installed in the spring.

PICS ADDED.

I'm lookin into acquiring an MKI VW.
At first i wanted a Diesel Rabbit because of the 50mpg but then i thought a Cabriolet would be interesting. I KNOW I KNOW cabrio = ultimate homosexual fantasy. But it'd be a project first and foremost, and also a Christmas gift to my GF. Since we started dating shes really begun to love the whole tuning scene(yes, shes getting something for Christmas in relation to her 2006 jetta), so i thought this would be a nice project for us.

This car would not be performance oriented at all. Stock and RELIABLE as possible. It would, however, be slammed to the floorboards on tiny little 13's with tires stretched to the max. It would probably also be re-painted FLAT BLACK. (mean, low & wide)

Its main mission in life: our transportation to the Jersey shore on weekends next summer with surfboards stickin outta the back and everything.

Now ive noticed that a perfectly running Cabby can go for as little as $500, and i dont really wanna spend more, insurance would be under $30/month.

Now anyone that knows anything bout them, owned an old VW, a VW fan at heart or WHATEVER, just chime in, im interested to see what others think. :cool:

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Cabriolet AKA Bitch Bucket! that's what the salesman said when my bro bought a VR6 GTI. but if it's the right price, and gets great mileage, then go for it. GL!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
My close friend is a huge VW guy. He's got a custom Baja that hes won awards with at local shows. He's got a 56 sliding rag top and also a white Cabriolet. He enjoys driving the Cab, good gas mileage and reliable but as of late he's been driving his Audi A4. :drool: D

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Obviously everyone sees VW's are really unreliable but the older ones go for 200k miles easily and are easier to work on then a bicycle.

I just happened to bump into a red Cabriolet today when i went to look at a g20 shell with my buddy and stopped to check it out. hood was popped so i totally checked it out, completely 0 rust, i mean non. engine looked dirty but good and the top was 100%. the interior was immaculate but the front tires were dead. no price, standing at a small used car lot(or what looked to have been one). i will be calling the # tomorrow.

what im pretty much aiming for is this ...

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
ChickenWing said:
what im pretty much aiming for is this ...
whoa, that's pretty slick. a lot better than i pictured. i like the boxy version, a roll cage would look sweet on that bucket!

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,128 Posts
one of my old childhood friends had an old cabrio for a few months. when i came to visit him it was neat having a convertible i guess, though it screamed 'chick car' lol. the speedo was dead, so he had a sticky note with "Whatever." on top of the speedo... rofl :cheeky:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replys guys. i stopped by where i saw the red MKI yesterday before work and took some pics. ill be calling the number tonight or tomorrow and makin an offer. what do u think is a fair offer, implying it runs and has a title?

here are the pictures ... the car has 171,86X miles and besides the rust spots you see on the rear hatch, there are none more(minor surface rust in places no rot). I'm running the carfax in a few minutes.

and this is what it would look like pre-paint. nothing on it aftermarket added, just oem stuff removed to make it simpler.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I had 2 VW, one GTI VR6 and a Seat Cordova SX 16V (wich is a VW GTI 2.0 16v), they are really nice overall too pricky sometimes, and parts where more expensive than my later M5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts