Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get an alignment done on my car. THe mechanic said the bushings on the control arm is bad. He said the only way to replace it is to get the whole control arm from Infiniti. I am wondering if theres another way out of this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Are you sure there are no bushings sold seperately for it? The same thing was said about SE-Rs, but on SE-R.net, they found bushings that fit, and they worked just fine. Maybe G20s are the same..?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
I'll try askin' around. My bushings need to be replaced eventually too, so I'll try Kragen, Pep Boys, and stores like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh 136 for both? I thought u mean each. Yeah my car has 132K on it. It feels a little mushy and drives witht ehs teering wheel sideway. Thats why I think i will get the bushings and ball joint fixed. I thought about doing sturts, but they are too much money
 

·
G20 Junkee
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
anyone find where to get these for $130? Is it a set cuz I really need em'. After pullin my drive shafts I know that my ball joints are finished
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,266 Posts
tmak26b said:
It feels a little mushy and drives witht ehs teering wheel sideway. Thats why I think i will get the bushings and ball joint fixed.
Same here. I've been putting it off for the longest time till I saw that my right front tire is wearing unevenly.
Now because of my procrastination, I'll have to get an alignment, new tires and new struts for the front in addition to whatever else I need fixed.:*(

Moral of the story:Never wait to do something tommorrow that should have been done yesterday.:-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
For those of you who have replaced your control arms, at what mileage did you replace them?

I have 83K miles on my '95 now and the car pulls to the right hard. I thought I will only need an alighment but after reading your posts, I fear my bushings maybe bad too.

I owned a '93 before this one, it had 110K miles when I sold it. I never had any issues with alignment or bushings on the '93. I'm starting to think that when Infiniti softened the suspension starting with the '93.5 model, the bushings just aren't as robust. Be interesting to start a poll to compare how long the control arms are lasting on pre '93.5 vs later years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,266 Posts
FYI......

TMKG20t said:
For those of you who have replaced your control arms, at what mileage did you replace them?

I have 83K miles on my '95 now and the car pulls to the right hard. I thought I will only need an alighment but after reading your posts, I fear my bushings maybe bad too.

I owned a '93 before this one, it had 110K miles when I sold it. I never had any issues with alignment or bushings on the '93. I'm starting to think that when Infiniti softened the suspension starting with the '93.5 model, the bushings just aren't as robust. Be interesting to start a poll to compare how long the control arms are lasting on pre '93.5 vs later years.
There's a common misconception that Infiniti "softened" the suspension on the G20. If you do some research, you'll find that the only thing Infiniti changed was the tire size on the G(from 195/60-R14 to 195/65-R14):surprised .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
Re: FYI......

MR. RYTE said:

There's a common misconception that Infiniti "softened" the suspension on the G20. If you do some research, you'll find that the only thing Infiniti changed was the tire size on the G(from 195/60-R14 to 195/65-R14):surprised .
MR. RYTE pays attention.

Yes, I have confirmed though the fiche that the suspension did not change on the P10. It did not get softer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,266 Posts
Re: Re: FYI......

Geo said:


MR. RYTE pays attention.

Yes, I have confirmed though the fiche that the suspension did not change on the P10. It did not get softer.
Thanks, Geo. ;)

That said, I also got my alignment done a couple of weeks ago. I went to the dealership to make sure it done right and to try to get a G35 for a loaner car. Unforntunately, I didn't the G35 as a loaner(I got the I35 instead, no biggie:p) and I'm not 100% sure they did all they could to solve my right front tire rubbing against the mudflap. Although it doesn't rub nearly as much as it used to when I go over bumps, I still feel like they could've done more. The master technician said that they "checked everything" on the car and could only attribute the problem to the aftermarket rims and tires (205/55R15 tires on 15" Konig Divas with a 40mm offset).:-\ Just to be sure, I'll take my car to Firestone or some other place that does alignments so they can double check. Also, the car history did mention that it hit a stop sign before I bought it. At first I didn't think it was a big deal because it never rubbed when I had the stock rims/tires on. But now I'm trying to find out what exactly was fixed/replaced in the suspension system.:monkey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had this problem where when my car do left turns of more than 1.5 turn on teh steering wheel. I would get this metal to metal rubbing sound from the front. I had no idea what it was. It went away after i changed the tires....Car had 195/60/14 on it, i put the 65 back on
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top