Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks? Fellow g20'r from Oklahoma here. I've posted a couple of threads on this forum, researched quite a bit on forum and off such as google, etc. I've got a couple of questions before I drop a few hundred on my suspension.

Would the upper control arms cause the same trouble symptoms as the LCA on our cars? Some mechanic blew sugar up my tank saying we don't have UCA's and I nearly chucked a shock at his face. I've read some places where it says the UCA on vehicles don't really control too much, but I want to be 100% sure. I've gotten my LCA's replaced already, and this was somewhere around may or juneish when it happened of this year. I go to get my alignment and the guy writes on my report "Bad passenger LCA bushing and Passenger CV joint leak" The CV joint on my drivers side is packed like a fat chicks stomach at a buffet, but my passenger side feels a little on the limp side, however, there is no visible leak, especially when I squeeze it.
If I do need to replace my LCA and UCA's and the CV Axle, what would be the best quality for low price? I live in OKLAHOMA.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
UCA's usually squeek/creek when they are bad,
if you dont have a tear in your boots then ur axles should be fine, but make sure ur 100, take the wheel off, put the car in neutral, and spin the rotor so u can look alllll around the boot and make sure its not bad.

as far as replacing axles is concerned: if you do indeed have a torn boot, if the axle is not clicking yet then u should be able to get the axle re-booted, which is very cheap.
but new axles are about 70$ each, EMPI is a decent replacement brand, but the OEM axles are green and are the best you can get.

hope this helps some.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Late reply, and thank you for al your information TeachMeHowTo20, but adding on to what you were saying about the UCA. Would the creeking/squeaking occur while driving, or could you hear it put pressing down on the front of the car? I just happened to drive with my music off and noticed when the front of my car goes over speed bumps, no squeak, but once the rear begins to go over, I start hearing the squeaking near the front of my car. Also in turns I can hear some squeaking, and on rough roads. I'm not sure if people on the outside can hear it like I can with my music turned off, or not. Thanks for your time, in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@P11 primeragt : Well, what concerns me is, I just replaced the LCA's around may-juneish, and just a month 1/2 ago I went to get an alignment and I was told my right LCA bearings were bad. Could the CV axle cause an LCA to go bad? Also, now the squeak I had before replacing my LCA on my drivers side, when I press down on the front end, is back. Should I stick to the Beck and Arnley brand components or go with something different? I've not too much money being a college student with a part-time job and all.. I'm hoping to replace the struts, cv axle, and possibly both if not the passenger LCA(s).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.