Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car this was the only thing I didn't like about it, the fact that the rear seat wouldn't fold down. I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, and now I'm gonna do it. My plan is to get parts from a G20t and swap them into my car. But I'm not sure what parts I'll need and how to go about it.

Could somebody with a G20t be a buddy and take some pics of their split folding rear seat? I'd like to figure out how it works and how I could make it work in my car.

And if anyone has done this themselves, how did you do it?

I think I could just swap the entire seat and possibly bolt on the brackets to my package tray, but then I'd like to maintain the cloth seats. So maybe I could cut my seat and just swap in all the pieces to make it fold down. Any ideas.

TIA :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
your going to need to get a whole new back of the seat

there is pull up levers that let the seat fold down... i really have no idea how hard this would be or anything

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hm.. this is sounding like more than i'd like to get into.. maybe i'll just make a pass thru :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmm

split folding seats in a non-split-seat G may be hard, since there is that large bar going across the back. this bar does a great a deal of support work for the rear bench, and also holds the seat down. you would have to find a way to support your existing seats sans very important bar.

if there is some secret reason behind this (like to let bass in from the trunk) just pull out the cardboard wall behind the armrest, if your cloth seats have one. it is held in by velcro. once you yank that out, just wrap the small assortment of support bars in matching cloth or something, for cosmetic reasons.

.02 :smoke:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts