Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the hoses below my intake is leaking. i read a post where someone on here reached those hoses from below the car. does anyone have a good picture of these hoses? thanks.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm i have not ascertained as to where exactly the hose is leaking. But its dropping down on to the exaust. It also leakes out behind the right front tire.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
time to get in there and check, the hardest part about water lines is their location and getting them off and to put in new ones. i think they also sell dye that you can put in the water to better see where it is leaking from

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i think iam just going to replace both of them when i get in there. but i do not wanna take off the intake and all that crap to get to them. that thread where the guy reached them from underneath ends right as he was replacing them.

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
Broseph you can remove the throttle body to access the coolant lines that run to it, but I think you need to spend some time trying to find the gremlin that is messing with your car first. Either that or nail down where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Know for sure its one of those hoses. I took off the intake and all that stuff on a junk yard car and i dont feel too comfortable doing it on mine cause i want my car to still run. as it is i just put in water in the overflow every morning.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
did you try to tighten the clamps ?

to tell you the truth if those hoses leaked on my car I would just take the engine tout to rplace them

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
well than pull the intake and get it done. Its not going to get any better. toppong the fluid off isnt going to be reliable for so long. you do not have many options. it is what it is. you going to have to do something soon are you going to end up haveing to do more repares

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I removed mine off my old highport DET without removing the manifold... It was a pita (lots of swearing and knuckle scraping) but it is possible. The key is to cut the old one off and replace it with some nice silicon tube. The tube I replaced mine with was squishy and I slipped it on after a bit of cursing and contorting.

Mike

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did you do it from under the car? i checked the other day and i can see it from underneath but it'll be tight.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
I did mine from the top, and my hands are fat. It was a pain, but I managed it. As long as they are leaking on the firewall side and not the engine side, it should be fine.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
david i call you bluf your hands are not to fat.
like mikeg sys about all the cureing. i my sel would find it best to remove the engine are lift it up 1 foot and do it. i have strugled to many times and im tired of it. I like to take my time and work easy now. the hoses are still tight with the engine up or out. not fun and i dont like them. but i do like the car and the engines so i do what i have to to keep them reliable. so should you.

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
Crazy idea, but what about unbolting the engine/trans mount and using a cherry picker to lift the engine. Would that work? The axles would probably have to come out, but would that make it any easier?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of the hard coolant bypass pipe? I pulled the intake of my highport p10 and removed the hard, coolant bypass pipe because coolant was leaking from the lower, narrower pipe, where the 5 inch segment of what looks to be 1.25" diameter hose attaches to it. I realized the metal tube is bent at that end of the narrower pipe, and the mouth of that pipe is also out of round. It resembles a letter "D" with rounded corners. I am not sure whether this "D" shape is by design or whether the pipe was actually dented somehow.
See this diagram, and notice the lower, narrower pipe. The end I am referring to is the end that extends just to the right and past the middle bracket that connects the two metal pipes
(I can't post photos here.) Coolant Bypass Pipe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts