Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my waterpump 2.5 years ago and I think it maybe leaking again... Is it the waterpump that only leaks when your car is running? Because something leaks, it looks like it comes from the passenger side right under the drive belts.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
There are numerous posts on the fact that the coolant hoses in this area are prone to leaking, rather than the pump.

Check this message that is just below yours on the forum:

http://g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49082

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
sounds like your upper hose might be gone. You should also check the sealer on the housing that attaches the hose to your engine, it's right over your alternator. hope it's not the waterpump and good luck

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jjacob said:
There are numerous posts on the fact that the coolant hoses in this area are prone to leaking, rather than the pump.

Check this message that is just below yours on the forum:

http://g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49082
G20Pimp said:
So its leaking down the back passenger side only when the engine is warm and it's turned off. Please tell me its not the head gasket..... :dead:
My leak happens when my car is on, so its a different coolant leak, thanks for the link though...

gomd3 said:
sounds like your upper hose might be gone. You should also check the sealer on the housing that attaches the hose to your engine, it's right over your alternator. hope it's not the waterpump and good luck
Thanks...I'll def check that out

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i checkout the upper hose and it looks like there was evidence of coolant leaking down, but not anytime recently...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You still need to check the hoses I referenced you too. Just because the one member thinks it only leaks when the engine is off, doesn't mean it's not leaking when the engine is running. He just possibly didn't see it as much because there is greater pressure in the system just after you turn the engine off.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats true thanks i'll do it 2mrw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts