Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its leaking down the back passenger side only when the engine is warm and it's turned off. Please tell me its not the head gasket..... :dead:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
There are several hoses back there. If your losing coolant, sooner or later it will overheat, so you want to take care of this. We went thru this with one of our G's last fall- had it diag'd at a auto repair chain- they said it needed a water pump. So I replaced it myself, which is a fairly serious job- only to find out later it was a pin hole in one of the hoses, right where you say your leak is. Make double sure your hoses are all good before tackling anything more involved, like a water pump.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If it is head gasket you will see white smoke out the exhaust. lysander is pointing you in right direction look carefully for a leaking hose or dreaded water pump, but at least not head gasket failure which seem pretty rare on these cars.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm maybe i will get it diagnosed tommorow and check compression..... if its not one thing its another..... thanks for the quick responses

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mechanic said it was leaking coolant from the lines in the back of the engine, and its not the waterpump..... thank god!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picking it up today, we'll see how broke I am ...... :mad:

·
Registered
555 Posts
check your rad too, it maybe caused by too much vibration in the car when your car is lowered, happed to me b4...goodluck!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well 7 hours later and it was fixed, they replaced the 3 hoses in the back of the engine and adjusted the clutch..... it was $teeep.... but thanks for your help guys!

CJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts