Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!
A few months ago, while trying to take good care of my G20 baby, I got the coolant flushed. And not at Infiniti dealership. I'm getting close to 50k, and otherwise doing ok. Problem is, I'm not sure the correct fluid was used. They used the old fashioned green stuff, rather than the pink Dexron. Haven't noticed any problems, but I'm not thrilled about the possiblity of messing up my radiator, etc.
Did they use the wrong fluid? Should I go through another flush?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

·
Registered
978 Posts
From what I've heard, it's okay to use either/or as long as you don't mix them. You said it was a complete flush, so I think it will be just fine. The red/pink stuff (like dexron/dex-cool) apparently has a longer life than the propylene glycol (green) that they put in.

someone correct me if im wrong. I've run both types (after flushes) in various vehicles and never had any problems.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You could've probably done the coolant flush or at least a drain & refill. I like to use the green stuff in all my cars ( except if it came red from the factory ) because it gives me the chance to inspect other things like hoses , t-stat, water pump for possible leakage, clamps etc.
The more you let things go without checking the more chances are that something may go wrong & you won't be able to catch it early on....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2000ET1G20 said:
You could've probably done the coolant flush or at least a drain & refill. I like to use the green stuff in all my cars ( except if it came red from the factory ) because it gives me the chance to inspect other things like hoses , t-stat, water pump for possible leakage, clamps etc.
The more you let things go without checking the more chances are that something may go wrong & you won't be able to catch it early on....
That was the problem. I did get the coolant flushed (at 39K) but later I wasn't sure whether the proper fluid type had been used.
BTW just did a tranny flush (at 50K), and do those oil changes every 3-5K. Trying to take good care of my G20...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts