Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I have a loose ground wire I don't know where it goes. It is the wire bolted underneath the bracket, which is under the weird black box thing (not the filter box the other one) connected to the intake boot. It's about 8 inches long, and I have no idea where it is supposed to go.

2) The car has killed 2 new fuel pumps in 1 week, defective pumps? or dirty gas tank? the car sat for about 2 years and I have just got it running again.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Hmm, I have that same ground wire loose on my car, just noticed it today while trying to fix my damn clutch. I looked everywhere, and I can't figure out where it goes either, nor do I remember disconnecting it when I took the car apart to do the clutch in the first place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only place that I can even think it might go is that little tab on top of the dist. but it won't reach. strange.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
If it's connected to the engine, it goes to the body/frame & vice versa. So if it's coming off the frame, find a convenient bolt on the engine. Clean it up to get a good contact, titen it up. I believe the one you're talking about, I bolted to the thermostat housing.

I've heard that the biggest cause of FP failure is a dirty tank, which is why you don't want to run on empty. I wouldn't want to put another fuel pump on until I had washed out the tank, blown out all the lines, etc. Be interesting to get other ideas on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the thing about the wire though, is it is bolted to the frame, but the other harness side clips on to something like a small tab, but there is no small tab anywhere in reach that I can find to clip it on to. I'm planning on dropping the tank this weekend to clean it.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
If you can't find the tab, snip it off, put on a ring for a bolt, and bolt it to the engine somewhere. There is a ground wire under the battery/air intake that goes to a tab on the top of the transmission where the strip of connectors resides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts