Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier I had a post about a timing question, and eventually I found out that my crank pulley was messed up and causing my timing to be incorrect. Originally, I thought that the woodruff key was gone, but now I found it is something else. The outer ring of the pulley is loose from the inner ring. Is that the harmonic damper? Do I need to get a new pulley, and how much will it cost? Is it safe to drive for a while longer? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Our cars dont have harmonic dampners, the crank shaft is balanced so it doesnt need it. Youll probably need a new crank pully. I wish I still had mine when I swapped to the UR two piece pully set or Id give it to you. You may want to post a WTB in the classified section

If not buy the UR two piece set, will run about $200 - $250 plus install. I dont know how long you can go with this, it will probably just get worse. That inner sleve is just pressed in. Some bearing locktite will solve the problem but you still need to remove the pully to fix it. My recomendation is to get the UR set, it will give you a couple more ponies while fixing your problem....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure how much a pulley from the dealer would cost. I figured if it was pretty expensive, I'd just go with the UR pullies. If I do that however, I would have to wait a week or three to get the money to get them.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Don't buy a pulley from the dealer, just find someone with a set of UR pullies that'll sell you their stock pulley. I'd just send you mine but i chipped part of the lip when i was taking the pulley off (Yeah, i'm a dumbass :-\ ). If you were to post a WTB add on this forum or the sr20deforum.com forum (BIG classified section) I'm sure you'd find someone willing to either sell their pulley for cheap, or just have you pay shipping for it. Or... Just upgrade to a set of UR pullies =)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JustinP10 said:
Or... Just upgrade to a set of UR pullies =)
I don't know if you can have a better excuse to do this. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Good call, youll like them a lot. Search around you might find a good deal on them somewhere...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts