Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a '1994 G20 which is making a creaking noise on passenger side front. had the struts replaced at 90,000 miles(slightly overdue) and yet the noise persists. anyone ever experience this?:bandit:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Squeeking

I experienced the squeeking noise too. Checked all my struts, bushings, and misc rubber parts in the suspension and found nothing.

Tried driving the car with the door open a crack, expecting to hear the sound more clearly....No creaking. Closed the door...Creak!!!

It turned out to be my hinges. The door was moving slightly as the body flexed on bumps. Was able to push upward on the closed door and reproduced the noise.

I think I remember reading that 125K or 135K checkup included checking the hinges. Never bothered to fix the problem since it's nothing significant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all of the replies...

great answers, everyone. the door hinge appears to be the winner.

thanks, again!

·
Registered
175 Posts
yup hinge, i had that happened on driver side, that was one annoying squeek. Now i gotta figure out that low pitch whine at like 40+mph

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
this may be a dumb question, but how do you fix a sqeaky hinge?i have more squeaks than i know what to do with and i wouldnt be surprised if at least one of them was a hinge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have the same squecking noise on my G. I tried putting WD-40 on the door hinge but it didn't do anything. Anyone know what to put on squekie hinges an things like that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
WD-40 fixed mine, then i put white lithium grease on it. Try spraying a lot of WD-40 at the right spot

·
Registered
218 Posts
Guys, don't use WD-40. It's not a lubricant, it's a water displacer. You can use it as a lube, but it's not very good at the job and it doesn't work for long. What you want to use is a silicone-based lubricant. You can pick up a spray can of the stuff at any Shucks/Napa/Etc. Since it's silicone based it will help repel moisture. It's thin enough to be easily sprayed but thick enough to stay where you put it. I use the stuff all the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could buy a new pin and sleeve for the hinge. The hinge creaks since it doesn't fit tight. Try pulling up on the door when it's open...you see how much play there is. I just turn my stereo up anyway, so I never bothered to fix it.

BTW- Petrolium lubricants (ie. wd-40, 3-in-1, etc) will attract dirt and grime, causing more creaking and will promote wear since you have basically introduced an abrasive. Graphite or silicone are the way to go.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sweeet! i put some silicone lub on my squeaky hinge finally yesterday an it hasen't made a peep since the second i sprayed it on. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Squeak from swaybar

The squeak on my G was from the Sway bar bushings. Everytime I would go over a speed bump I'd get the squeak it drove me nuts not only on this car but the one before it. I fixed it by lubricating the rubber bushings on my swaybar under the car. I just unbolted the bushings and used some silicone grease. It has been squeak free for a couple of years now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts