Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is, I knew that one day I would be posting this.
I went out to move my car, started it up, it ran a little rough, then it died.
After numerous trys starting I have concluded that it is not the cam chain, nor is it the fuel filter,(we took it off and blew through it). I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to Ignition systems, in fact i have no idea about them. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to fix the problem.
My cel is and always had been on. It is a 96 g20, with automagic tranny.

·
Registered
322 Posts
if the dash board lights up but the car still doesn't cranck, then it might be the electrical part of the ignition system. I think is like $20 at the dealer

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car will turn over, I checked for spark in the plugs by holding a screwdriver in the sparkplug boot and setting it 1/4 inch away from the camshaft cover. I pulled off the oil cap to see if the camshaft was moving as we tried to start it. I think that it is time for a new fuel filter, I hope that if my fuel pump is going out, this will offer less resistance in the fuel line. Also my sparkplugs are fawn to brown colored.
My cel has been on ever since I bought it. We ran the check in the obd2 and it said something like hot fuel and i never really worried about it,(read too cheap to buy new 02 sensors). But this is how by being cheap can bite you on the ass. I hope... I mean HOPE that it is the fuel filter. Thanks for replying to this, I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the fuel filter on, btw it had a '99 on there. The most joy I had doing this was the 10 degree weather I was doing this in. Well after hooking up the jumper cables,( yeah it went like that) and a can of starter fluid, I got the G to fire!!! fire up that is, and actually moved it about 10 feet! All under its own power. I rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts