Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased the front and the back set for 77 each in the front and 87 each for the rear. i changed the front brakes since i was inside there and the rear still had some brake pad left on it. the front are quiet when i brake but the back seem to make a hissing sound when i apply the brake pedal. These were my thoeries....

1. change the back brakes too
2. the sound could be because the fact that the back brakes dont really press too hard as much as the front brakes do... so they could just be slide againistit lightly

By the way, the rotors make a big difference in braking and look sweet, brings out the rim more.....if anyone has the in the rear please let me now what they did to stop or if you still have the noise, also how do you press in the back calipers, it was hard

·
Registered
863 Posts
Trag said:
i just purchased the front and the back set for 77 each in the front and 87 each for the rear. i changed the front brakes since i was inside there and the rear still had some brake pad left on it. the front are quiet when i brake but the back seem to make a hissing sound when i apply the brake pedal. These were my thoeries....
What brand did you buy?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just slided the calipers back on with the old brakes i didnt really use some special procedure, by the way there KVR. and another thing whats bedding the brakes and how would you just twist them in.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Trag said:
By the way, the rotors make a big difference in braking
I don't want to start anything here but x-drilled rotors will not make you stop any sooner than stock rotors, given the same pads. You went from old used pads and rotors to new parts so of course it will stop better.

Just remember that x-drilled rotors are for looks only and are NOT a performance improvement. In fact if you have a need to race your car and really stress out the brakes the x-drilled rotors can be a liability. Solid rotors and a really good set of pads would be your best bet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know that you didn't want to start anything, but since you did, I must add on to what you said. I don't think that solid rotors would be the best setup for most racing applications. Maybe you meant to say this, but vented discs are what race teams typically run. I don't know about the cross-drilling, but most teams run at least vented discs, rarely solid. Especially on a track that is hard on brakes like a road course, or Nascar at Bristol, RIR, etc. Solid discs maybe at a track like Talladega or Daytona, but that's to reduce drag and unsprung weight, not increase braking efficiency.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
bubba2000_01 said:
I know that you didn't want to start anything, but since you did, I must add on to what you said. I don't think that solid rotors would be the best setup for most racing applications. Maybe you meant to say this, but vented discs are what race teams typically run. I don't know about the cross-drilling, but most teams run at least vented discs, rarely solid. Especially on a track that is hard on brakes like a road course, or Nascar at Bristol, RIR, etc. Solid discs maybe at a track like Talladega or Daytona, but that's to reduce drag and unsprung weight, not increase braking efficiency.

when he said solid i think he meant vented solid, which comes standard in nearly all cars (front that is). x-drilled were created a long time ago for brake pads that vent alot of gas(in old pads), these pads when used will create alot of gas, so in order to vent this gas, drilling holes in the rotors was needed, therefore x-drilled rotors. sloted rotors on the other hand are the best, it actually vents a lil more heat i think from wat ive read.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yea YEa Where did you get them from??? AND, how much did the whole package cost??? I really need to know cuz its time to change prakes...:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
bubba2000_01 said:
I know that you didn't want to start anything, but since you did, I must add on to what you said. I don't think that solid rotors would be the best setup for most racing applications. Maybe you meant to say this, but vented discs are what race teams typically run.

akuma810 said:
when he said solid i think he meant vented solid, which comes standard in nearly all cars (front that is).
Yeah sorry, I ment non-x-drilled/slotted when I said solid. Thanks for clearing that up akuma.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well its funny what can happen over the weekend, im actually now trading in my car so im getting rid of alot of prts that i have on it . those rotors i bought for 330 the entire set and im getting rid of them for the same price if anyone is interested. there KVR drilledrotors oh yea the noise went away it was my barke pads. My pops said that if i get a truck then he will get a boat so right away i decided to put the car back to stock and go for a chevy tahoe now, let me know if anyone wants some stuff.

KVR rotors-330
H&R sport springs 220
KYB shocks 85 front 75 rear

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Trag said:

KVR rotors-330
H&R sport springs 220
KYB shocks 85 front 75 rear
What shocks were those again? AGX or GR-2??? And is that 85 for the set of front and 75 for set of rear? OR each shock in the front and rear? Also, how used are these? And could we work something in with the rotors? I may be interested too.

:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats each you wot find that price for a set of agx shocks.....less than a month old

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Trag said:
thats each you wot find that price for a set of agx shocks.....less than a month old

So these are GR-2's?:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
So is that the price shipped? And how long have these been used? I know you said less than a month.........but how long?!:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im not selling them anymore because im going to get rid of my h&r springs and go for ground control instead

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Trag said:
im not selling them anymore because im going to get rid of my h&r springs and go for ground control instead
What the hell! Why do you have to tease me?!!!!!

:alien: :cheeky: :cool: :asian:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts